Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

Either Lose 90% Of Your Player Base OR Reset the Server and Change The Claim System

You've got so much empty open space on these islands with nothing built on it because all the land is in the hands of the few.  As soon as the player base figures this out, you will lose 90% of your player base.  I HIGHLY encourage you to reset the servers back to zero and change the claim system by limiting the # of flags a group can have. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Here's why they won't do that.  The utter flood of people trying to log back in and get a claim will once again 'crush' their servers.

That and you have entirely too many expectations. Do you think the dev's read this?  The playerbase has asked them for days now to fix aggros, fix SoD's, fix claims.  Have they listened? Barely.

My suggestion, instead preaching to the choir, go give them yet another negative review on Steam. Even if we can't get our money back, even if we can't get them to listen to us, we CAN have an effect on their bottom line with negative reviews.

The math is simple.  Either they listen to what the players want or they can start looking for a new job.  And trust me, if this MMO goes bust for ignoring the players, having 'Atlas' on your resume will not be desirable.

• Like 3

Until then….I'm outta here.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

...go give them yet another negative review on Steam.

funny that you say that, I just did a few minutes ago.

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Here's why they won't do that.  The utter flood of people trying to log back in and get a claim will once again 'crush' their servers.

That and you have entirely too many expectations. Do you think the dev's read this?  The playerbase has asked them for days now to fix aggros, fix SoD's, fix claims.  Have they listened? Barely.

My suggestion, instead preaching to the choir, go give them yet another negative review on Steam. Even if we can't get our money back, even if we can't get them to listen to us, we CAN have an effect on their bottom line with negative reviews.

The math is simple.  Either they listen to what the players want or they can start looking for a new job.  And trust me, if this MMO goes bust for ignoring the players, having 'Atlas' on your resume will not be desirable.

Though I agree there are alot of issues but I find it funny that you think some of these issues can be "fixed" within... what 2 weeks it's been up. Something like the claim system will take a long time to get right

Edited by Hackjob
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

Though I agree there are alot of issues but I find it funny that you think so of these issues can be "fixed" within the what 2 weeks it's been up. Something like the claim system will take a long time to get right

DELETE from SOD_List WHERE time_alive_minutes > 60

UPDATE Croc_List SET spawn_rate = 0.01

UPDATE Croc_List SET aggro_range = 10

UPDATE Player_Base SET Max_claim_flags = 1

There, I fixed 4 problems in 2 minutes.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 3

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

DELETE * from SOD_List WHERE time_alive_minutes > 60

UPDATE Croc_List SET spawn_rate = 0.01

UPDATE Croc_List SET aggro_range = 10

UPDATE Player_Base SET Max_claim_flags = 1

There, I fixed 4 problems in 2 minutes.

Unfortunately that may claim in PvE but you have to look at big picture for PvP. 1 claim flag build base.... Go war against another company take there land oops main base gone

Just now, Hackjob said:

Unfortunately that may claim in PvE but you have to look at big picture for PvP. 1 claim flag build base.... Go war against another company take there land oops main base gone

UPDATE Player_Base SET Max_claim_flags = 1 WHERE server_mode = PVE

done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

UPDATE Player_Base SET Max_claim_flags = 1 WHERE server_mode = PVE

done.

Sounds like you should just make your own game.... What ya doin here

• Like 2

The whole problem with this game is the utter arrogance of Wildcard.

They assumed their shit didn't stink.  They assumed that when they coded something in and it sounded good, that it was good.  There are SOOOO many problems with this game that could have been EASILY avoided with simple play testing.

Getting the code right for all the flavors of computer hardware out there, that's a real challenge and I expect that.

Having crocs camp the bed on my raft for 30 minutes making it impossible to respawn. THAT should never have happened.

2 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

Sounds like you should just make your own game.... What ya doin here

Wasting my breath and throwing money and time out the window apparently.

Was hoping for some entertaining escapism.  That's not happening.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

The whole problem with this game is the utter arrogance of Wildcard.

They assumed their shit didn't stink.  They assumed that when they coded something in and it sounded good, that it was good.  There are SOOOO many problems with this game that could have been EASILY avoided with simple play testing.

Getting the code right for all the flavors of computer hardware out there, that's a real challenge and I expect that.

Having crocs camp the bed on my raft for 30 minutes making it impossible to respawn. THAT should never have happened.

Wasting my breath and throwing money and time out the window apparently.

Was hoping for some entertaining escapism.  That's not happening.

Ahhh it's just money....... can just make more is what I always say 😃

16 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

It's tragic because it COULD be a great game but because there's so much empty open space which can't be claimed makes it a flop.

Try counter-claiming.  Go up to a flag, try and place yours and it will tell you how many seconds to the 3 day timer running out.  If the time looks reasonable, slap your flag down.  Don't look at all the red circles and give up.

3 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

Ahhh it's just money....... can just make more is what I always say 😃

Could you also replace the 5 days I've spent and still have nothing to show for it?

Could you also replace the 5 days I've spent and still have nothing to show for it?

C'est la vie..... This is life

30 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

You've got so much empty open space on these islands with nothing built on it because all the land is in the hands of the few.  As soon as the player base figures this out, you will lose 90% of your player base.  I HIGHLY encourage you to reset the servers back to zero and change the claim system by limiting the # of flags a group can have. 

So you're assuming because you're having a hard time that mean we're all having a hard time... So based on that idea we should have the server wipe and our Company Hard work taken away? That would make them lose their player base. If you want land I suggest you sail to the Colder zones - there's quite a lot of empty plots simply because of the environment.. 

Just now, Coggage said:

Try counter-claiming.  Go up to a flag, try and place yours and it will tell you how many seconds to the 3 day timer running out.  If the time looks reasonable, slap your flag down.  Don't look at all the red circles and give up.

Now there, you're making a huge assumption.

You're assuming I can even get off my raft and even LOOK at a claim's status.  I spent 30 minutes... dying repeatedly because crocs camped my spawn. That's happened FOUR TIMES in 2 days.

"Oh, thats why I anchor way out and swim ashore."

And the crocs swim faster than you do.

So, let's assume I somehow make it ashore.  Wolves that run faster than I do.  Vegetation so thick you can't see the 3 snakes at your heels.  And let's not forget the lions, scorpions, etc..

I"ve found at least 2 island that are almost devoid of players and have lots of claims open. Why?  The aggro respawn on them make it impossible to even get a start.

Now there, you're making a huge assumption.

You're assuming I can even get off my raft and even LOOK at a claim's status.  I spent 30 minutes... dying repeatedly because crocs camped my spawn. That's happened FOUR TIMES in 2 days.

"Oh, thats why I anchor way out and swim ashore."

And the crocs swim faster than you do.

So, let's assume I somehow make it ashore.  Wolves that run faster than I do.  Vegetation so thick you can't see the 3 snakes at your heels.  And let's not forget the lions, scorpions, etc..

I"ve found at least 2 island that are almost devoid of players and have lots of claims open. Why?  The aggro respawn on them make it impossible to even get a start.

Sounds like you need to go to another Zone/island lmao 

1 minute ago, artaherduron said:

So you're assuming because you're having a hard time that mean we're all having a hard time... So based on that idea we should have the server wipe and our Company Hard work taken away? That would make them lose their player base. If you want land I suggest you sail to the Colder zones - there's quite a lot of empty plots simply because of the environment.. 

Ah right... that's where a naked noob gets 10 minutes of play time and 20 minutes of repeatedly freezing to death.  And let's not forget there's almost no fiber in those areas so trying to build anything takes you 5 times as long as anywhere else. Oh yea, and those wolves that run faster than you do... they love colder climates.  Ever had a pack of 5 of them hunt you down?  Now that's some serious fun.

1 minute ago, artaherduron said:

Sounds like you need to go to another Zone/island lmao 

You think I haven't?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Usually I would agree with you, and if this was ark I would definitely agree with you.

the thing is the twitch streamers go a hold of this one. Guaranteed that probably 60% are either Megas or alliances with a mega most of the players like it how it is.

the part where you are right is that this will definitely affect the influx of new players. That you would be completely right on. Don’t get me wrong I hate wildcard but the numbers won’t drop because it stays the same. 

The same players playing right now are the ones that like it how it is. 

The numbers will drop slightly, but the one thing you can count on is they won’t increase by that much either 👍

I'm on Reptile Hell Island mate, they've eaten all the wolves.  There  are times I have been chased by 2 Crocs Plus a 120 Alpha Croc and a Giant Snake.  Or today, 5 Crocs.  Some days it's tough, so stash your gear and do a nekkid run to scout claims out.  It's what I did.

Persevere.  I was lvl 8 when I arrived, after which they kindly increased skill point costs.  🙂  I'm now lvl 32 and just opened up Flintlocks and Fire Arrows.  When I arrived I had Stone tools and could hardly scavenge enough Fiber for arrows!

Edited by Coggage

Just now, Realist said:

Usually I would agree with you, and if this was ark I would definitely agree with you.

the thing is the twitch streamers go a hold of this one. Guaranteed that probably 60% are either Megas or alliances with a mega most of the players like it how it is.

the part where you are right is that this will definitely affect the influx of new players. That you would be completely right on. Don’t get me wrong I hate wildcard but the numbers won’t drop because it stays the same. 

The same players playing right now are the ones that like it how it is. 

The numbers will drop slightly, but the one thing you can count on is they won’t increase by that much either 👍

I was hyped for No Man's Sky.  But in that case, I played it a bit smarter. I waited.  And when I saw the huge flood of negative reviews and complaints and how the game could be 'completed' in a matter of hours, I patted myself on the back.

I STILL have not purchased No Man's Sky even though I'm told it's done a complete turnaround.

To this game, the damage has already been done.  The Steam reviews say so.  And the only thing that the players have at their disposal to give Wildcard a wakeup call is exactly what we're doing now. Making these issues known so that others don't make the mistake we did.

7 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I'm on Reptile Hell Island mate, they've eaten all the wolves.  There  are times I have been chased by 2 Crocs Plus a 120 Alpha Croc and a Giant Snake.  Or today, 5 Crocs.  Some days it's tough, so stash your gear and do a nekkid run to scout claims out.  It's what I did

I'm no stranger to crocs. I'm lvl 35.  My first house, I built a fence around it.  Worked quite well.  But on that island, the snakes and other hostiles were few.  The crocs were the dominant force.  Now, I'm having to look for new land and deal with EVERY type of hostile creature.  So it's not like I've spent all my time in a freeport. I know how to run and avoid these mobs. The problem arises when you happen to die, respawn on your raft and a croc is sitting right there.  You have no chance to jump in the water and kite it off... it's faster than you.  Soon, that 1 croc on your raft turns into 3.  I've waited 10 minutes to respawn and they were still there.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

I was hyped for No Man's Sky.  But in that case, I played it a bit smarter. I waited.  And when I saw the huge flood of negative reviews and complaints and how the game could be 'completed' in a matter of hours, I patted myself on the back.

I STILL have not purchased No Man's Sky even though I'm told it's done a complete turnaround.

To this game, the damage has already been done.  The Steam reviews say so.  And the only thing that the players have at their disposal to give Wildcard a wakeup call is exactly what we're doing now. Making these issues known so that others don't make the mistake we did.

Yet on the main party night of the year, 38k are playing Atlas while NMS scrapes 5k as it has tonight as I type.  So much for THEIR turnaround.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Hey do me a favor and go to my page so you can see my posts. I hate wildcard and everyone here knows it.

i was just saying not to expect a high drop in player base. Go look at ark it has al ost been completely consistent this whole time.

the reason for this is the fans will not leave no matter how bad it gets. At the same time, wildcard doesn’t do what they should do they don’t have a very high influx either.

believe me they are a stupid company. Like a very stupid company. 

Nainly what I am saying is you will make more of an impact on Twitter.

i am glad you came here to speak your peace, and o am in no way shitting you down. Do what you do man. Just pointing out the normal player base won’t drop much. Seen it for years now, just giving info 

2 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Yet on the main party night of the year, 38k are playing Atlas while NMS scrapes 5k as it has tonight as I type.  So much for THEIR turnaround.

Exactly. And Wildcard has already dug their hole.