Sea Hag

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! GHOST SHIPS DESTROY RAFTS

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well with how much time you spend on here you can’t be having too much fun. When I was into ark I was rarely on the forums. I starting going to the ark forums after I stopped and hated wildcard.

on the other hand you do defend the game a lot so I know you like it to some point. Can’t really tell if you are a pve or pvp guy yet.

you definitely like to argue, so for all I know you are here just like me but in the opposite way. You could be even wanting to play but waiting to play until it gets more ironed out.

couldnt really gather too much other than that

Well in between the farming and sailing it’s nice to have a place to go to. With the holidays I’m not playing the entire day. 

You like to argue too, but with you it’s mostly speculation and pure hate. Which I understand in someway, Wildcard doesn’t have an outstandig track record, I can bitch about that too, but it definitely won’t help anyone.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well in between the farming and sailing it’s nice to have a place to go to. With the holidays I’m not playing the entire day. 

You like to argue too, but with you it’s mostly speculation and pure hate. Which I understand in someway, Wildcard doesn’t have an outstandig track record, I can bitch about that too, but it definitely won’t help anyone.. 

Just because you don’t want me to suggest someone stop playing the game doesn’t make my suggestion not helpful. There are people out there with a lot of unneeded stress and sometimes it is better to offer not playing the game.

and yeah I have no problem arguing with someone that disagrees with me. But I just got done agreeing with 2 people in the last 30 or so minutes and neither one of them hated wildcard.

someone also doesn’t have to hate wildcard just for me to agree with them. However, I do hate wildcard and will continue is to do so. Once you can move past that our conversations will end up a lot better.

you are who you are and I am who I am. It is time we start dealing with it because it isn’t going to change

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

Just because you don’t want me to suggest someone stop playing the game doesn’t make my suggestion not helpful. There are people out there with a lot of unneeded stress and sometimes it is better to offer not playing the game.

and yeah I have no problem arguing with someone that disagrees with me. But I just got done agreeing with 2 people in the last 30 or so minutes and neither one of them hated wildcard.

someone also doesn’t have to hate wildcard just for me to agree with them. However, I do hate wildcard and will continue is to do so. Once you can move past that our conversations will end up a lot better.

you are who you are and I am who I am. It is time we start dealing with it because it isn’t going to change

Oh I’ve already accepted you hate wildcard. I’m at the point that whenever you’ve commented I already know it is hatred towards wildcard. Your suggestion was without bases though. You can say his experience will become worse but you can’t know that. You can if it says so in the patch notes, but none of that. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Oh I’ve already accepted you hate wildcard. I’m at the point that whenever you’ve commented I already know it is hatred towards wildcard. Your suggestion was without bases though. You can say his experience will become worse but you can’t know that. You can if it says so in the patch notes, but none of that. 

Well this guy seems like a raft guy and wildcard did make it to where the ghost ships target rafts now, so I would say it is a pretty good guess his experience will get worse.

he didn’t say anything about wanting to join another company so I won’t offer that. 

Either way I can expect a lot of solo gamers to have a worse experience with the new patch and I ah e seen a lot of people say it themselves on twitter, so yes I think in this case my opinion is well founded 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Well this guy seems like a raft guy and wildcard did make it to where the ghost ships target rafts now, so I would say it is a pretty good guess his experience will get worse.

he didn’t say anything about wanting to join another company so I won’t offer that. 

Either way I can expect a lot of solo gamers to have a worse experience with the new patch and I ah e seen a lot of people say it themselves on twitter, so yes I think in this case my opinion is well founded 

They only target rafts if you ram them. They’re still the go-to starting boat to evade the ghost ships. 

Edited by Percieval

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

They only target rafts if you ram them. They’re still the go-to starting boat to evade the ghost ships. 

You can argue opinion all you want. The ghost ships do target rafts and people don’t like it. That part is fact. The other part is opinion and I am going off the fact.

you can argue well it still isn’t that hard but either way the patch notes are the patch notes.

the guy wasn’t happy about it and I don’t blame him.

Just now, Realist said:

You can argue opinion all you want. The ghost ships do target rafts and people don’t like it. That part is fact. The other part is opinion and I am going off the fact.

you can argue well it still isn’t that hard but either way the patch notes are the patch notes.

the guy wasn’t happy about it and I don’t blame him.

Oh I understand his concerns about losing his stuff. But it’s not like the GS target from 10km away and start firing. You need to really screw up if you want them to target you on a raft. 

My $0.2: ghost ships attacking rafts isn't a bad thing. They are supposed to be terrifying, no? They already reduced their attack radius and nerfed the crap out of them. If you are on a raft and actually manage to get attacked by one, I have to wonder what on *earth* you were doing to get their attention in the first place? Because they still, for the most part, will ignore a raft.

If you decide to freakin tailgate a ghost ship, that one is on you, lol

1 minute ago, LoneSilverWolf said:

My $0.2: ghost ships attacking rafts isn't a bad thing. They are supposed to be terrifying, no? They already reduced their attack radius and nerfed the crap out of them. If you are on a raft and actually manage to get attacked by one, I have to wonder what on *earth* you were doing to get their attention in the first place? Because they still, for the most part, will ignore a raft.

If you decide to freakin tailgate a ghost ship, that one is on you, lol

That is why wildcard is a crappy dev company. They are supposed to be scary, so instead they nerf them instead of lowering the numbers.

they should have actually been stronger than what they are at the start. Like super strong. Almost unbeatable.

the thing is the tried to lower the numbers and screwed up 😂 they realized that it didn’t work so instead of figuring out how to actually fix it and reduce the numbers they decided to nerf them 😂

they are idiots through and through.

Just now, Realist said:

That is why wildcard is a crappy dev company. They are supposed to be scary, so instead they nerf them instead of lowering the numbers.

they should have actually been stronger than what they are at the start. Like super strong. Almost unbeatable.

the thing is the tried to lower the numbers and screwed up 😂 they realized that it didn’t work so instead of figuring out how to actually fix it and reduce the numbers they decided to nerf them 😂

they are idiots through and through.

My guess is this is just a hotfix until they manage to figure out why the hell adjusting spawn numbers isn't working out. You watch; I can almost guarantee, once they fix THAT, we are gonna see them be truly terrifying. I'm already afraid to take out any of my ships and actually explore, because I have the tiniest crew and no NPCs to supplement them!

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Oh I understand his concerns about losing his stuff. But it’s not like the GS target from 10km away and start firing. You need to really screw up if you want them to target you on a raft. 

Not everybody reads the patch notes either lol I even said on Twitter I couldn’t wait to hear all the ranting once the people that aren’t on the forums or twitter realize what was in the patch 😂

but yeah, I know you will say they should always read the patch notes and sure they should. Won’t always happen though.

aure enough you had people completely livid that they changed the ghost ship to target rafts.

still don’t really see the point in that but oh well.

Just now, LoneSilverWolf said:

My guess is this is just a hotfix until they manage to figure out why the hell adjusting spawn numbers isn't working out. You watch; I can almost guarantee, once they fix THAT, we are gonna see them be truly terrifying. I'm already afraid to take out any of my ships and actually explore, because I have the tiniest crew and no NPCs to supplement them!

Yep but at the same time they really didn’t need to have them target rafts until they were fixed as well. 

This company tends to just trial and error the hell out of a game. Which wastes a lot of their time and ours.

they just need to get way better at their jobs

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Not everybody reads the patch notes either lol I even said on Twitter I couldn’t wait to hear all the ranting once the people that aren’t on the forums or twitter realize what was in the patch 😂

but yeah, I know you will say they should always read the patch notes and sure they should. Won’t always happen though.

aure enough you had people completely livid that they changed the ghost ship to target rafts.

still don’t really see the point in that but oh well.

Yep but at the same time they really didn’t need to have them target rafts until they were fixed as well. 

This company tends to just trial and error the hell out of a game. Which wastes a lot of their time and ours.

they just need to get way better at their jobs

The thing is, Ark went from unplayable garbage to a really fun, and interesting game. One would think, by now, they have the experience to...sidestep a lot of the trial an error. Game developers these days really baffle me sometimes. Red Dead Redemption Online is the same damn way; so often I am left asking myself if game developers even play video games at all anymore, because REALLY simple QoL stuff that any gamer would think of inside of 2 minutes is oft left out. I don't understand it, I really just can't. There is such a disconnect between dev companies and actual gamers now. One would THINK if you were going to develop a video game, you would, you know, actually be a gamer.

Seems this is not the case with most companies these days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LoneSilverWolf said:

The thing is, Ark went from unplayable garbage to a really fun, and interesting game. One would think, by now, they have the experience to...sidestep a lot of the trial an error. Game developers these days really baffle me sometimes. Red Dead Redemption Online is the same damn way; so often I am left asking myself if game developers even play video games at all anymore, because REALLY simple QoL stuff that any gamer would think of inside of 2 minutes is oft left out. I don't understand it, I really just can't. There is such a disconnect between dev companies and actual gamers now. One would THINK if you were going to develop a video game, you would, you know, actually be a gamer.

Seems this is not the case with most companies these days.

Yeah I won’t argue with you there. Game development in general is piss poor nowadays. The corruption is getting real. 

Though I do agree that other companies do as well, I am still stuck on the fact that wildcard went through the trouble of saying they promised they would learn from their mistakes. They obviously have not. Why go through the trouble of saying that and just make yourself even worse?

a lot of people had actually just decided to accept them for the mediocre company they are, but no, they have to go and brag about changing their ways. 😂 if you are going to say it then make sure you do it. Smh

you know Jeremy is the biggest problem right? That guy is on a whole other level of corrupt. 

Thanks for the imputs, I am female, just putting that out there for ya. And I said, I didn't attack the ships.. it ran me over and the attacked me twice....  that indeed is frustrating and needs to be fixed AFTER # 1 the claims are all removed. Either build on all you have claimed or let it go for another to build on... #2 IF Atlas cant do that then make more land and players can claim only a percentage of a island and allowed so many standing flags per company.

It is all claimed up because ATLAS ALLOWS it, a player is just playing what he/she is allowed or can do in game. 

My post here was in hope that someone from Atlas might read and see the severe issues in-game, I am not the only one I am the one who voiced out. 

Also, I am not all stressed out, I am pissed and have good reason to be... IT ran over me. So now after a poster brought in the text of the update ( I want to thank them for that, because I didn't read the update) I should have read the update but I had checked marked launch game immediately after update. I will undo that, my bad. And lastly, I started playing ARK last march, I am new to this. DONT blame me, blame my son and grand daughter, they are the ones who said "MOM, Nana you have to play this game" OH MY, these darn things are addicting... just saying. I am glad I am retired because I know I would have used up all my personal leave by now.  

If you have a smithy why would you need 3 sets of tools when you can repair your tools?  Why do you have so much stuff on your raft at all? All you need is a bed, if you die from food or vitamins, respawn on the raft.  You have an extremely excessive amount of stuff.  You can get all of that when you hit land.  Should take about 30 minutes at the most to get your raft ready to sail at the Freeport and be on your way.

• Like 1

Merchant ships being added might help. I assume they'll agro and fight the SotD, reducing their numbers.

Spawning on top of 4 when you switch servers is still got garbage though.