BitterAsteroid

Ghost Ships Need New Stats

We lost 3 sloop total in our company ...

2 sunk by those damned ships just yesterday and 1 just got instant sunk when released (Shipyard was on deep water but still destroyed instant).

ANYWAY !! We're a company of 7 players and i'm personaly out because damned ships are too fast, sloop cannot outrun them with 1200/2400 and we got nothing on it !! 1 bed, 1 storage box, 1 food larder for crew, 1 box for gold for crew, 1 barel of water and that's IT !! We were litteraly naked with no stuff so it wasn't too heavy but nope !! Doesn't change anything we got litteraly fucked up in our fuckin shity ass 🙂

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

I’ve noticed with this game that it is extremely hard to make everyone happy. The small groups/solo want everything easy for them so that they can find land, but as a dev you don’t want to make it too easy for the large companies. 

Large companies are just farming ghost ships easily. Which ofcourse, no harm there. 

To balance it out for the small/new players, I’d suggest (like many others) to make the ghost ships 1) Avoid land and grid borders 2) Dispose the whole ‘wind-ignore’ mechanic, so that you can outrun it easily with a sloop/raft. Ofcourse if it’s not carrying too much weight. 

Okay.. but the ghost ships in lawless zones are the same as ghost ships elsewhere. So, theyre meant to present the same level of challenge to large companies as they are to solo and smaller group players? Thats some seriously flawed logic. If they were meant to make the game a bit more difficult for the higher end player why were they released across the entire map.

The idea is to challenge both your top tier players or larger group players and the more casual or smaller grouped players. Speaking as a person who plays games and doesnt develop them - common sense tells me that those two things are hardly ever the same. So, what gave devs cause to believe that releasing these things in ever grid across the game, with no disparity in power relative to the zone they occupy, was a good idea. Again.. i dont develop games but that seems pretty common sense to me.

Now an honest question - What purpose do they serve existing in zones that are only one tile from freeports? Certainly not to give large companies something to contend with. 

5 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Okay.. but the ghost ships in lawless zones are the same as ghost ships elsewhere. So, theyre meant to present the same level of challenge to large companies as they are to solo and smaller group players? Thats some seriously flawed logic. If they were meant to make the game a bit more difficult for the higher end player why were they released across the entire map.

The idea is to challenge both your top tier players or larger group players and the more casual or smaller grouped players. Speaking as a person who plays games and doesnt develop them - common sense tells me that those two things are hardly ever the same. So, what gave devs cause to believe that releasing these things in ever grid across the game, with no disparity in power relative to the zone they occupy, was a good idea. Again.. i dont develop games but that seems pretty common sense to me.

Now an honest question - What purpose do they serve existing in zones that are only one tile from freeports? Certainly not to give large companies something to contend with. 

I don’t want there to be many at all though. I want to have 1 per grid and make the damage it deals more, or it’s health. If you have a brig with some cannons on it you can now easily take them down. 

But you need the brig first, just like you can’t just take down an alpha rex with your freshly tamed trike. Meaning you can do the same kind of farming a large company does (if we’re talking about 1 grid). But you will still need to evade them as a fresh player. 

Edited by Percieval

Never forget that this game is made as an MMO ... An MMO must and have to be available for everyone to play on, even the solo players !! The difficulty must be balanced for everyone, so there is a little idea i got.

This is really simple : Make différent sized ghostship.

1 small one : Sloop sizel with 0 canons (Or 1 canon) (40% of spawn rate) (Aggro or not other sloops size ships, can be destroyed with flame arrows or other ball ammunition so even people that doesn't have canons yet can get rid of them)

1 medium/small one : Schooner size with 5 canons (30% of spawn rate) (Doesn't aggro sloop, but aggro everything else)

1 medium one : Brigantine size with 10 canons (20% of spawn rate) (Aggro everything)

1 large one : Galleon size with 15 or 20 canons (10% of spawn rate) (Aggro everything)

Problem solved, thank to me !!

I get where youre coming from percie, i do. I think my biggest issue with the game right now, and i really like the concept(60+ hours). My biggest issue is, i feel as though the devs have no sense of structure, they have the foundation but are struggling to come up with what to do with it. It feels to us players, or at least to me, as though theyre just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. With no real purpose or direction other than hoping to create some sort of identity for the game that differentiates it from Ark.

Just one quick example of this sense of a lack of direction. The different zone types seem poorly defined - whats the difference between a lawless and an open zone other than land claims? What are lawless zones meant to do, whats their purpose? Define that then decide what to make of them - i.e. in my opinion SoD have no place there ever, even one.

Lawless should serve as an area for newer, or more casual players, smaller groups, or solos to jump into the game and learn what its all about. Having these alpha animals and SoD in these zones just makes the game too punishing too early on. It chases people away from the game and takes from those who stick around, any sense of progress or accomplishment they may make. While the challenge does need to exist for those who desire it, it shouldnt be thrust upon those who dont. It should be something to look forward to for those who arent yet there but would like to be. Because having something to look forward to is as important as having something to do in a video game.

Edited by McGimp

11 hours ago, BitterAsteroid said:

So that is the 3rd sloop that i have built only to sail it out to sea and be instantly destroyed by ghost ships.... I have no ability to defend myself as my ship had only swivels which apparently does nothing........ I think that the ghost ship needs a massive nerf to damage and speed and shouldnt be able to attack unarmed ships that cant fight back. I know some people are saying that the ghost ships are raid bosses and are for endgame content but cmon, i cant even sail a raft in one direction to get where im going without being attacked by a ghost ship, and if i try with a sloop..... i am getting tired of being destroyed by ghost ships.......

Are you talking about Ghost ships???  (Rare)  Or Ships of the Damned (Common)

If a Ghost ship is destroying you then thats fine they should!  

As for the SotD you should have no issue out running it...

7 hours ago, Percieval said:

You want to fight a ghost ship with a sloop? Be my guest. As far as I’m concerned they are easily dealt with if you have a ship that can actually take one down. 

Rarely? I’m sorry if constructive stuff bothers you, but all I do here is either give my opinion/concerns, discuss with people about it and give any ideas regarding stuff spoken about in threads. 

Constructive stuff is actually constructive buddy. Not demeaning and down putting. I mean, have at it the mods here aren't going to do shit about your shit talking so keep going buddy. It's just like all the companies in game that have their nazi names or racist names and run around and do nothing but spout out racist banter. Can't do anything about it. It's cool lol. I don't care anymore. The 2 mods i've dealt with so far are a joke. I'll just continue to report bugs and problems as i find them for the game itself's sake. I'm sure i'll be seeing you around talking more trash. Cya

1 minute ago, Boredaholic said:

Constructive stuff is actually constructive buddy. Not demeaning and down putting. I mean, have at it the mods here aren't going to do shit about your shit talking so keep going buddy. It's just like all the companies in game that have their nazi names or racist names and run around and do nothing but spout out racist banter. Can't do anything about it. It's cool lol. I don't care anymore. The 2 mods i've dealt with so far are a joke. I'll just continue to report bugs and problems as i find them for the game itself's sake. I'm sure i'll be seeing you around talking more trash. Cya

I believe you’re quoting the wrong guy, since the only thing close to racist I said was that the chinese started duping. 

Just now, Percieval said:

I believe you’re quoting the wrong guy, since the only thing close to racist I said was that the chinese started duping. 

i believe you need to learn how to read. Please RE-read my post before making yourself look even more like a troll.

Just now, Boredaholic said:

i believe you need to learn how to read. Please RE-read my post before making yourself look even more like a troll.

Oh I thought that’s the only thing you were taking me out on. Can’t take the rest seriously. 

Just now, Percieval said:

Oh I thought that’s the only thing you were taking me out on. Can’t take the rest seriously. 

lol you're to much 🤣😂