Sign in to follow this  
Fetusor

Why make the game harder then necessary?

I have the feeling that the devs could make the game more enjoyable with simple changes:

1. Lower the decay rate of ships in freeport. People have actually Work/Partners/Family/Kids. And cant play all the Time. Like this you are basicly dooming smaller companys to lose their ships.

2. Ship of the Dammed: Even after the Patch i, they Spawn directly in front of me and destroy like 3 hours of sailing and farming. You want us to leave the starters but dont really make it easy for us.

Edited by Fetusor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fetusor said:

I have the feeling that the devs could make the game more enjoyable with simple changes:

1. Lower the decay rate of ships in freeport.

How about no....

There is an easier fix.... Sail out of the Free Port!!!

Not better, blockades incoming. Ghosted ships is a better solution to me.

Edited by Percieval

You basicly say that this game has to be my life? The ships dont last 1 day.

It would be worth considering some changes due to nature of patches losing people hours of playtime.

You might lose a big chunk of playerbase due to this beheavior.

Edited by Fetusor

4 minutes ago, Fetusor said:

You basicly say that this game has to be my life? The ships dont last 1 day.

It would be worth considering some changes due to nature of patches losing people hours of playtime.

You might lose a big chunk of playerbase due to this beheavior.

one of my rafts has been sitting at full durability for 3 days now and I  have never repaired it once...  

Why because I left the Safe zone and claimed somewhere in the world!

If ships did degrade in the safe zone EVERYONE would park there because its safe!

But thats not the intent of the game, so go play the game as it is intended....

I would happily side with you on many issues like for example SHIPS OF THE DAMNED have NO BUSINESS attacking rafts!!!!!!

You want to complain about that then we are on the same wave length!

If you want to complain about them dropping the time to steal a raft and or ships in general we are on the same wave length...

But we are not ever going to be on the same wave length in regards to safe parking at the safe zone!!!

28 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

one of my rafts has been sitting at full durability for 3 days now and I  have never repaired it once...  

Well, if it doesnt really have anyothing on, nobody cares. But if you play on PVP and you have some stuff on it, people will try to steal it. I dont intend to make the game, i would consider not making it to harsh, while its still in early devolpment.

They basicly increase the diffucilty while its still buggy. Ok its EA, thats fine. But dont make it harder for people trying to make progress by getting rekt by the SoD.

Edited by Fetusor

They will have very low player retention if this continues. Players can grief way to easily. The game world destroys all of you hard work. When everything is gone you're sent multiple zones away to start from scratch. Assuming that you had a claim to being with, it probably won't be there when you return. Too many players have too many claims. Animals are too OP (tigers, lions, wolves, etc.).

Everything is against the player. It's too much. There has to be time versus reward. 

If I was the head honcho I would.... (PVE suggestions)

1. One claim per person, per region.
2. Make structures built on claims indestructible. They rot over a period of 60 days but players can repair to reset.
3. Make taming much easier and more common.
4. Put a revive point in each area that cannot be walled off by players.
5. Make ships indestructible, sort of. When the ship dies a player need only return to or build a dock to summon it back from death.
6. Revamp the entire guild system.
7. Make every craftable flagged to the player, not their last name or guild affiliation. Toggle option for "company" use.
8. Make levels scale stats. Punching a level 1 snake at level 50 should mean something.
9. Make freeports level 15 cap instead of 8.
10. Build in a trade window for players wanting to trade with other players.
11. Revamp character creation to allow for more customization.

Do some or all of these and you will see a lot more people stay with the game. Don't and you'll have less than 1000 players in a month.

Edited by Stabby

55 minutes ago, Fetusor said:

1. Lower the decay rate of ships in freeport. People have actually Work/Partners/Family/Kids. And cant play all the Time. Like this you are basicly dooming smaller companys to lose their ships.

2. Ship of the Dammed: Even after the Patch i, they Spawn directly in front of me and destroy like 3 hours of sailing and farming. You want us to leave the starters but dont really make it easy for us.

The game needs to stay hardcore, there are enough carebear games out there and Atlas is the only non carebear game hence why over 60000+ people have bought it.

2 minutes ago, Stabby said:

5. Make ships indestructible, sort of. When the ship dies a player need only return to or build a dock to summon it back from death.

Lol even i know this is the most stupid idea ever...i mean this game doesnt have any sort of realism but Respawn a Ship on a Dock?? No thanks 

3 minutes ago, Blackstone30 said:

Lol even i know this is the most stupid idea ever...i mean this game doesnt have any sort of realism but Respawn a Ship on a Dock?? No thanks 

You don't have much vision do you? My suggestions weren't about me, me, me, me, me, me. They were about the game as a whole. The game keeps destroying everyones hard earned and very time consuming efforts. You don't understand how that will impact the game a whole. They're setting themselves up for failure with the current system.

Instead of complaining about it I offered a solution. Thanks for the insult tho. Very classy.

Edited by Stabby

1 minute ago, Stabby said:

You don't have much vision do you? My suggestions weren't about me, me, me, me, me, me. They were about the game as a whole. The game keeps destroying everyones hard earned and very time consuming efforts. You don't understand how that will impact the game a whole. They're setting themselves up for failure with the current system.

If you’re talking about the sink bug, absolutely. But nobody wants ship spam so the time needed for ships and damage and everything is pretty good.

And how do all those Ark White Knights always say " Its Early Access so live with it...maybe someday in the next couple of years they gonna fix that. but

Just now, Percieval said:

If you’re talking about the sink bug, absolutely. But nobody wants ship spam so the time needed for ships and damage and everything is pretty good.

No I'm talking about going to work and a player traines 20 animals to your boat and parks himself on it until your boat is dead. So you come home to nothing. There needs to be a solution. Now, not later.

Now, not later.

I don't think that's how game development works.  Nor life.

2 minutes ago, Stabby said:

No I'm talking about going to work and a player traines 20 animals to your boat and parks himself on it until your boat is dead. So you come home to nothing. There needs to be a solution. Now, not later.

Offline protection, anything. All your suggestion will do is make the whole pvp aspect completely dead since everyone will just spam ships. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Offline protection, anything. All your suggestion will do is make the whole pvp aspect completely dead since everyone will just spam ships. 

It's a good thing I specifically said PVE and didn't comment in the PVP forums.

It's a good thing I specifically said PVE and didn't comment in the PVP forums.

Doesn’t change the ship spam.