[616]RexFortis

I'd like to see the FLAG CLAIMING SYSTEM removed entirely

1 hour ago, [616]RexFortis said:

You honestly think the defender should have "beam me down Scotty" technology to defend any piece of land anywhere on the world map in a matter of seconds no matter where on the world map the defender might be lounging like a lazy fuk?  That's just Fu@%#$%#$ stupid.  This means a BIG CLAN can send their biggest baddest highest level player to EVERY encounter no matter where on the map he is.  That's a MAJOR fuk@#$ flaw in the game.

Who needs patrolling and lookout towers when you have a Science Fiction defense system like the one in Atlas.  Everyone can just chill at Freeport like a bunch of lazies and wait for the alarm.

Lol, if you want to take land from a big clan I believe you and they need more people to defend/attack. This is common logics why don’t you get this? 

3 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

What's this magical force behind planting a flying piece of cloth anyhow?  How would a flying piece of cloth physically stop someone else from building?  It wouldn't, and so therefore I'd like to see the whole concept of Flag Claiming removed entirely.  I think it would be very fun if ALL islands allowed everyone to build wherever they please and if SOMEONE doesn't like someone else building next to them then they can fight it out.  Allow the borders to form naturally, and allow factions to form naturally, and allow wars to form naturally.  No need for magical flying pieces of cloth.

Okay, couple things:

1) The underlying premise you're presenting here is that the flag claim system is bad because it lacks realism. In a fantasy MMORPG with dragons, ghost ships, cyclops and hydras, this is a pretty weak arguement. Further, please tell me you're not so new to online gaming that you're unaware that nearly every game you could care to mention has mechanics in it that are not "realistic" but exist for gameplay balance reasons. This is just an accepted reality of gaming and most gamers understand that. It completely undermines trying to assert that the mechanic is poor because of a lack of realism.

2) There is nothing wrong with suggesting an alternative you personally find more appealing, and tbh, I see no reason why on a pvp server, this suggestion isn't a perfectly viable one. But your suggestion seems not to have even given any thought to how things would work for the pve side of the game. I'm going to take a wild guess you play pvp and so might be unconcerned with how pve works. Just pointing out that what you suggest wouldn't be a viable option for pve, so something else would need to take it's place. Game developers are often loathe to have radically different systems in place for pve and pvp, so the chance they would adopt your suggestion for pvp and do something different for pve I would guess to be not good.

3) Labeling Percival as a lying propagandist because he doesn't agree with you is immature behavoir and to this point in the thread you've provided zero evidence that he's either lying or in any way doing so at the behest of GrapeCard™ The problem with labels within the context of debate is that they do not refute arguements. Rather they are a way of allowing one to dismiss another party without having to confront the force or validity of any arguments they put forward. You probably wouldn't like it if I just said you're an ignorant kid sitting at his momma's laptop talking about stuff he doesn't know anything about, but this is in essence the same thing you're attempting to do to Percival. By labeling him, you're trying to dismiss him. Since you have zero evidence to back your asserted label to begin with, you would be better served to dispute his assertions on the merits. This has the added benefit of being far more likely to convince anyone reading who may not already be locked into one position or the other to see things your way, something labeling without evidence is unlikely to do.

Not a fix. People will spam stone floors and hide them in the mesh. It will become impossible to build anywhere. There needs to be a claim system / rust type base building system. The game is made for big tribes to conquer islands. Why else would there be a damn dynamic map that shows the top 10 tribes. 

It's how the game is, if you can't deal with the claiming mechanic (designed for big tribes), go to lawless zones. You can perfectly build a base there. I do find that you should be able to respawn on a bed there. It's plenty fun for smaller tribes to make a base there (if you could respawn). I just put large gates around my raft.