Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Best weapon in PVP ?

What is your opinion ? PVP in Atlas is mostly wild zig zag jumping around till stamina runs out.

Bow is great, if you are a chinese aimbot or the son of Robin Hood, but normal people wont hit. Pike is fast, but the AOE swing is more dangerous for your mates than for the foe you are chasing.

Sword is slow with trash range, Fists are even worse. Especially the combat animations hinder good melee combat.

What do you think ?

They have different places for different needs.

Melee is best for inside bases, small spaces, on ship decks, etc.  It's also good if you are in a big fight after both people firing guns and one person is trying to reload.  The shield with the sword is what makes it good.  The shield bash stuns people.   

The 2H mace has an AOE swing, does decent damage, destroys armor and the special abilities for it hit hard and are even bigger AOE.  All attacks with it do torpor damage and stun so it stuns AND knocks unconcious.

Guns are powerful as hell but the slow reload even with the perks to speed it up make you vulnerable.  They are good in open areas or for a quick initial hit before switching to something else.  You *CAN* just kite people if they only have melee stuff.  

Bows are sort of the same as guns but don't hit through armor nearly as well but shoot faster.  

The carbine will pretty much one shot even a fully armored dude in the head.  The blunderbuss up close is the same damn near.  

Fists ACTUALLY are fairly strong.  If you pick up the perks and use the different special attacks you can knock someone unconcious in like 2 hits.  Then you kill them at your leisure or stick their ass in a cage handcuffed for a later hanging.

Weapons are pretty whack on balance but IMO you need to have more than one type on you anyway for different situations and you use them appropriately for best effect.  If someone is running away from me or trying to kite I will use guns 100% until they run out of stam or decide to come in close.  I've also done naked fight runs when we were being attacked and killed multiple people with just my fists. 😄  

Well the big 2H mace takes time to swing, an agile foe you wont hit with it.

Sneaky one hit from behind does not count, i can do that even with the bow powershot, hehe.

But as these special attacks all have long set up times and animations they are not useful in PVP.

Fist weapons are broken or at least my understanding of how they work is.  Currently fist weapons break in just a few hits when every other weapon takes a lot of abuse to break.  Why is that?  Also, the floating dmg numbers are confusing, at least for PvE.  When I hit mobs I have 2 numbers that come off the monster.  A green number and a purple number.  I assume green is the actual HP dmg and the purple is either stamina or torpor?    What is the purpose of using fist weapons in PvE when torpor really doesn't do much since you need bolas to knock a mob out to tame?  I purchased the entire skill hand to hand combat skill line and still feel my ability to kill shit is lacking compared to other weapons. 

Best PVP weapon is 500+ players and certain..ähh .. „tools“.

Master in using this weapon are chinese clans.

Fire arrows are the best weapon in PvP there's no question about it. Even after they supposedly got nerfed they are still way too OP.

15 minutes ago, Talono said:

Best PVP weapon is 500+ players and certain..ähh .. „tools“.

Master in using this weapon are chinese clans.

Another game where the chinese are ruining it. 

Pubg got fucked over from chinese players and their hacking.