Sign in to follow this  
everest

unable to query server info for invite

Hi,

When i try to connect to my server i get the following message in the game: unable to query server info for invite.

Also i get this error when starting up my server.

zypjcUx.jpg

Here is my log file:

[2018-12-29 16:25:24] Log session started
[2018-12-29 16:25:24] [0,0] SetSteamID( [A:1:0:0] )
[2018-12-29 16:25:24] CCMInterface::YieldingConnect -- no CMs cached locally, calling ISteamDirectory/GetCMList web api. . .
[2018-12-29 16:25:24] CCMInterface::YieldingConnect -- got 100 CMs from ISteamDirectory/GetCMList.
[2018-12-29 16:25:24] [1,4] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelMedium, 146.66.152.11:27018, UDP)
[2018-12-29 16:25:29] [1,0] ConnectFailed('Connection Failed':0) (0.0.0.0:0, UDP)
[2018-12-29 16:25:29] [0,0] StartAutoReconnect() will start in 0 seconds
[2018-12-29 16:25:29] [1,8] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelMedium, 146.66.152.11:27018, UDP)
[2018-12-29 16:25:34] [1,0] ConnectFailed('Connection Failed':0) (0.0.0.0:0, UDP)
[2018-12-29 16:25:34] [0,0] StartAutoReconnect() will start in 5 seconds
[2018-12-29 16:25:39] [1,10] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelMedium, 146.66.152.11:27018, UDP)
[2018-12-29 16:25:45] [1,0] ConnectFailed('Connection Failed':0) (0.0.0.0:0, UDP)
[2018-12-29 16:25:45] [0,0] StartAutoReconnect() will start in 4 seconds

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance?

19 minutes ago, namelessfate said:

I am getting the same error? have you found a solution ?

Not yet, i will post the solution here if a find one.

I've had this exact error for several days now. Have never been able to connect to my Dedicated server on a second system on my LAN. This system hosts dedicate servers for Ark, Conan Exiles, DayZ, 7 Days to Die, and Miscreated without issues.

This game seems to be running the Ark base code, so what was changed to break it? I have checked my settings and port forwarding many times and they are all fine and in line with how these other games are set and working fine.

I have tried everything which has been listed as working with same exact error message for Ark since 2012, and none have worked. Loopback does not work, reinstalling Atlas does not work. Server startup options such as SeamlessIP, MultiHome, CubePort, and Seed have not made any difference.

'Unable to query server info for invite' seems to be widely used for many errors. Why can't devs just give a complete and EXACT error message? I do when I program! Don't be lazy!

I really wanted to play this game, but with the official servers being unable to build upon, the game is unplayable on an official server. Do not tell me to join some company. That is not a fix. Thanks for not opening up more official servers as they are obviously needed.

This seems to be a common issue, so how about everyone who found a solution add it to one post so everyone can benefit. It there is a post like this already, where is it? If not, then lets use this post to list all the solutions for this error code.

Thanks for any and all help!

Edited by Stoutman

5 hours ago, Stoutman said:

I've had this exact error for several days now. Have never been able to connect to my Dedicated server on a second system on my LAN. This system hosts dedicate servers for Ark, Conan Exiles, DayZ, 7 Days to Die, and Miscreated without issues.

This game seems to be running the Ark base code, so what was changed to break it? I have checked my settings and port forwarding many times and they are all fine and in line with how these other games are set and working fine.

I have tried everything which has been listed as working with same exact error message for Ark since 2012, and none have worked. Loopback does not work, reinstalling Atlas does not work. Server startup options such as SeamlessIP, MultiHome, CubePort, and Seed have not made any difference.

'Unable to query server info for invite' seems to be widely used for many errors. Why can't devs just give a complete and EXACT error message? I do when I program! Don't be lazy!

I really wanted to play this game, but with the official servers being unable to build upon, the game is unplayable on an official server. Do not tell me to join some company. That is not a fix. Thanks for not opening up more official servers as they are obviously needed.

This seems to be a common issue, so how about everyone who found a solution add it to one post so everyone can benefit. It there is a post like this already, where is it? If not, then lets use this post to list all the solutions for this error code.

Thanks for any and all help!

@Stoutman I had the same issue and checked / tried everything you describe above with three PCs on my LAN network one of which is my server PC. Friends could join but I could not. My root cause came down to the router I had from my ISP (Sagemcom f@st 5260) was not NAT Loopback  / NAT hairpin capable. The NAT loopback work around listed on other threads unfortunately did not work for me either. I ended up purchasing another router that was NAT loopback capable and it works now. I know not a "good" fix but in my situation I was already shopping for a new router and just added the NAT loopback capable feature to the list of what I wanted. I ended up purchasing a Netgear Nighthawk X6 (Model# R8000-100NAS). Also worth noting after setting up and port forwarding It still did not let me join until I disabled UPnP. I am sure eventually they will update the net code to include more compatibility with LAN servers like we have.

Hopefully this is a little helpful to someone.        

Another option if you can't get a new router is to get a VPN service like Windscribe or something.  You can sign up with them for a free VPN tunnel and google voucher codes or tweet them out for extra throughput.  You connect your gaming PC to that VPN and connect to the game server from a different location so it works just like your friends.

I installed and configured the Microsoft Loopback Adapter on the game server and now people can connect from the outside, but I can not from my LAN. So I have a partial fix.

Gonna try the VPN suggestion later today, but I really do not like having to tell people the new IP when it changes.

I may end up getting a new router which has NAT Loopback. Trying not to but I may have no choice.

8 minutes ago, Stoutman said:

I installed and configured the Microsoft Loopback Adapter on the game server and now people can connect from the outside, but I can not from my LAN. So I have a partial fix.

Gonna try the VPN suggestion later today, but I really do not like having to tell people the new IP when it changes.

I may end up getting a new router which has NAT Loopback. Trying not to but I may have no choice.

The IP would not change- you would just being using the VPN on the PC you play on only to establish a hairpin. The server IP and setup would remain as is and people would connect normally.