Sign in to follow this  
Evir

Why is the melee so bad?

Not only do the melee weapons do such little damage they aren't worth using, but the melee swings are extremely slow, and cause your character to stop moving, it is just easier to carry more firearms and swap to them, than to switch to a melee weapon. You can be infinitely kited by anyone with a ranged weapon and they can potentially one shot you.

• Thanks 1

True,  melee weapons are only useful in narrow corners, where the other player can not evade that much. But a skilled bowman still kills pikemen and swordfighters. 

Weapons are completely unbalanced right now.

I died few times to damned soldiers because of fucking  combat lock. I need option to completely disable it. Whenever i want to attack it autolocks and completely mess up everything and end up dying few times. Had to respec in archery and kill them with fire arrows. 

Edited by Lukas1987

1 hour ago, [616]RexFortis said:

melee weapons may be useful against creatures?

Not at all, you hit a wolf for 25 and it has over 200 health, it bites hard and does a knockback, so by the time your weapon swings, you are most likely out of range. It is total garbage. Even with the 20% vitamin buff, you do 30 damage.

the 2H mace is good for certain situations.  It has an AOE swing, a knockout and an AOE special ability.

You use that stuff when you're inside bases or ship holds, etc.  Areas where they can't just run forever.