Sign in to follow this  
jmotivator

Everything gone...

Server reboot and my boat is gone, I am dead, I lost everything... I'm on a PVE server and I logged out safely, anchored off the coast of an island.

It's kind of like a slow burn lag,  instead of rubber banding back a few steps every couple seconds I reset back to the beginning of the game every 10 hours..

I think I'm done with this game.   By the time you fix this there will be no land left to claim.  I just don't see myself starting over from scratch a third time.

Sure "It's a BETA", yadda yadda... but what is the point of dedicating hours to a game that keeps erasing all of my work?

6 minutes ago, jmotivator said:

Server reboot and my boat is gone, I am dead, I lost everything... I'm on a PVE server and I logged out safely, anchored off the coast of an island.

It's kind of like a slow burn lag,  instead of rubber banding back a few steps every couple seconds I reset back to the beginning of the game every 10 hours..

I think I'm done with this game.   By the time you fix this there will be no land left to claim.  I just don't see myself starting over from scratch a third time.

Sure "It's a BETA", yadda yadda... but what is the point of dedicating hours to a game that keeps erasing all of my work?

Dude, if I were you I wouldn’t bother leveling for at least a month. I told people days ago that server wipes would happen. This won’t be the last either. Just remember that.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Dude, if I were you I wouldn’t bother leveling for at least a month. I told people days ago that server wipes would happen. This won’t be the last either. Just remember that.

But this isn't a server wipe.  There are still boats everywhere. Not everyone's progress was lost.   If it was a full server wipe that is one thing, but this is just erasing the hard work of a few people, putting them all further behind.  It seems to have hit me ever time they reboot the server.

5 minutes ago, jmotivator said:

But this isn't a server wipe.  There are still boats everywhere. Not everyone's progress was lost.   If it was a full server wipe that is one thing, but this is just erasing the hard work of a few people, putting them all further behind.  It seems to have hit me ever time they reboot the server.

Exactly. It is a bug. And if you have been that unfortunate that many times, my advice still stands.

either way though, there will be server wipes. Please don’t think every update will be good especially since almost all have been bad. You will have your stuff wipes by a big or the devs. It’s going to happen, and multiple times over the next two years.

inagine a year from now, you have a level 100 character(after level cap is raised). Some game breaking bug comes along and hey guys sorry but we have to do a reset. Get prepared for that because it takes a loooong time to get to 100 👍

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Exactly. It is a bug. And if you have been that unfortunate that many times, my advice still stands.

either way though, there will be server wipes. Please don’t think every update will be good especially since almost all have been bad. You will have your stuff wipes by a big or the devs. It’s going to happen, and multiple times over the next two years.

inagine a year from now, you have a level 100 character(after level cap is raised). Some game breaking bug comes along and hey guys sorry but we have to do a reset. Get prepared for that because it takes a loooong time to get to 100 👍

You don't appear to understand what I said in my opening statement, or my follow up.  I'm not going to play anymore because there is a bug that is forcing me to relive the first 10 hours of gameplay over and over and over again.  That isn't fun.  I play games to have fun.

1 hour ago, jmotivator said:

It's kind of like a slow burn lag,  instead of rubber banding back a few steps every couple seconds I reset back to the beginning of the game every 10 hours

You're in a newbie zone, aren't you. Rafts take decay damage and destruct in 10 hours to stop people parking there too long farming resources. Get out of the Lawless/Freeport newbie zones asap.

If you want to keep the raft, anchor it and keep repairing it. Really though, hit level 8 and it's time you were out of there.

11 hours ago, Coggage said:

You're in a newbie zone, aren't you. Rafts take decay damage and destruct in 10 hours to stop people parking there too long farming resources. Get out of the Lawless/Freeport newbie zones asap.

If you want to keep the raft, anchor it and keep repairing it. Really though, hit level 8 and it's time you were out of there.

Nope, I was in a lawless zone.

12 hours ago, jmotivator said:

I agree with this entirely it is what it has seemed to me also. I get wiped and the others are happily levelling up without a hitch. Are we seeing a conspiracy to allow some players to get ahead of the others ?

J

2 minutes ago, hands solo said:

I agree with this entirely it is what it has seemed to me also. I get wiped and the others are happily levelling up without a hitch. Are we seeing a conspiracy to allow some players to get ahead of the others ?

J

I don't think it is a conspiracy, I just think it renders the game mostly unplayable in this state.  I think if I can actually establish a land base I would be OK, server reboots are hell on boats at sea, it seems.

4 minutes ago, jmotivator said:

I don't think it is a conspiracy, I just think it renders the game mostly unplayable in this state.  I think if I can actually establish a land base I would be OK, server reboots are hell on boats at sea, it seems.

me too … I have a base set up on an island -- I have died and respawned in freeport - I have TWO rafts from free port there. At one stage I had three beds - two rafts - one in my building and still I respawned in freeport. The lawless grid is m10 the freeport in m9, it seems to be very and perhaps unusually difficult to live there. I spent at least an hour sailing yesterday from freeport in m9 to my base in m10 against a head wind, one death later im back in freeport, no raft yada yada all rules applicable. 

J

Edited by hands solo

36 minutes ago, jmotivator said:

Nope, I was in a lawless zone.

That IS a newbie zone.  They were opened up as newbie zones to ease server strain, and shipping takes increased decay damage there too, plus while you can build you cannot claim land.  In the "wild" zones, where you can both claim and build, ship decay is minimal

10 minutes ago, Coggage said:

That IS a newbie zone.  They were opened up as newbie zones to ease server strain, and shipping takes increased decay damage there too, plus while you can build you cannot claim land.  In the "wild" zones, where you can both claim and build, ship decay is minimal

Ah, OK.  Thank you

Thank you, Coggage.  That little bit of information saved the game for me.  Now that I know where to leave my boat I was able to make my way to an island with a small amount of unclaimed space, claimed it, and I've begun construction of my house.

BTW, not many people seem to know that you can build buildings on stilts (staking walls of floors from the seabed up) so there seems to be a lot more area to claim and build on than I thought! 

Granted, that is really only effective in PVE... though I guess you could build some bitchin defense towers that way

On 12/29/2018 at 6:30 AM, jmotivator said:

Happened to me today, logged out yesterday on my raft in my bed.  Been harvesting materials  a couple of hours every day for a week, had  alot of resources and found alot of nice things in the open ocean.     Today when i logged in, all is gone.    IM so fucking tired of this.

im going to find a dev for this game, and the next time he wakes up IRL, he is gonna loose all.

Fucking DEV retards..  im so gonna refund this piece of shit game.

edit :  my raft and all storageboxes was repaired to 100% everytime just before  log out.