Sign in to follow this  
cpspok

Treasure maps

on my dedicated server i see the bottles once you grab them it says you got a treasure map but look in invetory nothing in there no map in my invetory not working for anyone on my server .

please anyone have help for this 

thanks

Here are the steps to fix.  I just verified these on my server:

1. Download the latest version of the server grid editor and re-export all your map images.  It will now export the cell images appropriately as JPGs.
  2. Follow the directions on Nitrado's wiki here regarding uploading the files to the right location.
  3. Wipe you local map cache per the instructions in the wiki.
  4. Restart your server.

That should get you going.

ok think your missing what im having issues with i see the map in game what i made in my custom server but when i grab a bottle in water there is nothing in it not saying a blank map there is no map i get nothing out of them at all none of us do. collect bottle and boom nothing in the bottle .

Ok got it fixed now found another thread about this and it worked for what i wanted done .

giphy.gif

I don't know this for certain but I believe that if you don't have the map in your mapcache (meaning you haven't explored that much) then when you pick up a bottle for that grid then it will be blank.  More you explore the more the bottles give you maps.  Again, I'm not positive on this but it's what we've found on our 7x7 and 10x10.

From what I have read, if you loot a map for a grid that is not running, the map does not spawn. A fix for this would be amazing. We are running the official map, 225 grids, but only have 5 or 6 grids running at a time. We only get maps that are close by so we never get high quality maps.