Sign in to follow this  
BigDally

Sinking Other Players Ships on PVE

Evidently other players can sink your ships on PVE by either overloading with weight or going over the ship's crew stat.  I thought that the crew limit just restricted NPC crew count?  Either way this should not be a thing on PVE as this exploit is allowing players to sink other player's ships.  Should be patched so that going over weight just slows or stops movement, not sink the vessel.

Also, if you have workstations on your ship these can make it more convenient to overload the vessel since they can just load them up with stone (like a smithy).  To fix this we should be able to put pin codes on any structure that has an inventory.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BigDally said:

Evidently other players can sink your ships on PVE by either overloading with weight or going over the ship's crew stat.  I thought that the crew limit just restricted NPC crew count?  Either way this should not be a thing on PVE as this exploit is allowing players to sink other player's ships.  Should be patched so that going over weight just slows or stops movement, not sink the vessel.

Also, if you have workstations on your ship these can make it more convenient to overload the vessel since they can just load them up with stone (like a smithy).  To fix this we should be able to put pin codes on any structure that has an inventory.

There will always be wildcard pve grieves. Even if they patch it they will figure out another way. Always do

I like this game but yes there are always toxic players. Their sole mission is to kill/raid. That's all they do. 

21 minutes ago, Realist said:

There will always be wildcard pve grieves. Even if they patch it they will figure out another way. Always do

I agree attitudes are unlikely to change. Disagree that GrapeCard should do nothing to address behavior by making grieving less easy and obvious.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I agree attitudes are unlikely to change. Disagree that GrapeCard should do nothing to address behavior by making grieving less easy and obvious.

Never said they shouldn’t do it and I think they should. I just meant he should keep his hopes low if he thinks they can stop grieving 

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Quick side note though. If they do fix that bug it will almost certainly make it to where everybody can have unlimited weight on a ship though but using the containers they “fixed” 

beneficial to the Megas at least. Going out on one voyage and coming back with 1 million metal. Not a bad days work

Fair enough. My fault for reading too much into your statement. I agree that keeping expectations low is wise. Being pleasantly surprised in the end beats being disappointed. Plus Wildshots track record of dealing with stuff like pve pillar spam in Ark does not leave one optimistic about this.

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Quick side note though. If they do fix that bug it will almost certainly make it to where everybody can have unlimited weight on a ship though but using the containers they “fixed” 

beneficial to the Megas at least. Going out on one voyage and coming back with 1 million metal. Not a bad days work

Very good point. Law of unintended consequences can be a @#$&*

19 minutes ago, SoloHan88 said:

I like this game but yes there are always toxic players. Their sole mission is to kill/raid. That's all they do. 

Yep, but too scared to join PvP.  I understand folks who are too cowardly to PvP, but want to grief/raid anyway... understand, but don't respect.

23 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Fair enough. My fault for reading too much into your statement. I agree that keeping expectations low is wise. Being pleasantly surprised in the end beats being disappointed. Plus Wildshots track record of dealing with stuff like pve pillar spam in Ark does not leave one optimistic about this.

Very good point. Law of unintended consequences can be a @#$&*

Truly is a shame. I was actually hoping I would like how this game turned out. Unfortunately that is not the case. No doubt another company will make another one at some point though 

36 minutes ago, Realist said:

Just make people not in your company count as people on boat and make all crafters able to be pincoded fixed. I mean yeah they could kick people out fill them up sail home and re-invite but will make it a pain at least. Megas have big ships anyways so doesnt mater to much.

2 minutes ago, vispera said:

Just make people not in your company count as people on boat and make all crafters able to be pincoded fixed. I mean yeah they could kick people out fill them up sail home and re-invite but will make it a pain at least. Megas have big ships anyways so doesnt mater to much.

Seems logical. 

4 minutes ago, vispera said:

The way you said “just” do this and that means you think wildcard can just magically do that. It is never “just” with them. 

If they added all those changes they would mess up everything else so bad the whole game would implode. 

Yoy gotta realize who you are dealing with before you use the word “just”

Edited by Realist

1 minute ago, Realist said:

The way you said “just” do this and that means you think wildcard can just magically do that. It is never “just” with them. 

Mid they added all those changes they would mess up everything else so bad the whole game would implode. 

Yoy gotta realize who you are dealing with before you use the word “just”

I know its wildcard the minute they touch one thing another breaks but im being optimistic.All you can do in a EA game that is a MMO.

2 minutes ago, vispera said:

I know its wildcard the minute they touch one thing another breaks but im being optimistic.All you can do in a EA game that is a MMO.

The. If you know it’s wildcard then I am surprised you are optimistic. I stopped being optimistic after I was done with ark. 3 years of being optimistic, but no longer. I already know what happens next and next after that. These guys work like clockwork.

even though they did actually start good communication because people were complaining they didn’t communicate, you can already see that is is starting to slow down again. It is at a slow rate but it is enough to be noticeable.

pretty soon the patches will slow down and communication will slow down. I have no doubt they will be running out of money pretty quickly, especially with all of the refunds going on.

dont be surprised if they make the aging and breeding a mandatory paid dlc soon 😂

3 minutes ago, Klippers said:

Not sure how they are doing it but here's the clip of them sinking my ship

You got under meshed by a ghost pirate ship 😂😂😂

theu are spawn under the map now 😂 you won’t even be able to see them coming 

20 minutes ago, Realist said:

The. If you know it’s wildcard then I am surprised you are optimistic. I stopped being optimistic after I was done with ark. 3 years of being optimistic, but no longer. I already know what happens next and next after that. These guys work like clockwork.

even though they did actually start good communication because people were complaining they didn’t communicate, you can already see that is is starting to slow down again. It is at a slow rate but it is enough to be noticeable.

pretty soon the patches will slow down and communication will slow down. I have no doubt they will be running out of money pretty quickly, especially with all of the refunds going on.

dont be surprised if they make the aging and breeding a mandatory paid dlc soon 😂

Im to old to be a pessimist. Ark turned out to be ok and for the $20 i spent on it i got almost 3k hours of play. Was on my own server and that will be the same thing i do for this game.Looks like they want people to join big clans and im not having kids tell me how to play a game.Might not get whole map with private server but will be able to play my own way.

4 minutes ago, vispera said:

Im to old to be a pessimist. Ark turned out to be ok and for the $20 i spent on it i got almost 3k hours of play. Was on my own server and that will be the same thing i do for this game.Looks like they want people to join big clans and im not having kids tell me how to play a game.Might not get whole map with private server but will be able to play my own way.

Ah ok, the whole conversation changed then. Everything I say is always 100% right but what I say is towards official servers.

nevermind then dude. I am on your side with the private server thing 👍

• Like 1