Sign in to follow this  
Bishbashbosh

Gold coins for ships

Thousands of gold coins for ships is just is crazy it’s killing it for solo players if you want to build the numbers of players up remove the gold coins other wise it’s not worth playing 

13 hours ago, Bishbashbosh said:

Thousands of gold coins for ships is just is crazy it’s killing it for solo players if you want to build the numbers of players up remove the gold coins other wise it’s not worth playing 

Dude nothing is bringing back players. The game has been dead for awhile now. It is in the bottom 100 steam games and has some of the lowest numbers compare to most games. Add in all the bugs and unethical business practices and this could very well be the worst game of all time.

people have been putting up with the gold for ships for a long time now. But I think it is very important to repeat that the player numbers will never go up. The game will never be a success and it has already failed.

if I were you I would be embarrassed to even tell anyone you are playing atlas.

The problem is they dont really want solo players. Some online games think you can force strangers together and somehow it all magically stays good and friendly. It's fine if you already have friends that play, but personally either starting a company with total strangers or joining one is a huge risk, which I have found out on Atlas sadly. The games company mechanics ,do not make joining or starting a company of unknown individuals a good prospect for a solo player. It's just too risky, (more so joining than starting).

Expanding on @Whitehawk comments, they've had literally years worth of constructive criticism and the game just keeps getting worse.

I joined between the 2nd{?} and 3rd(?) wipe, was pretty happy and was encouraging people who had left the game to return. Then they stuck it in sideways, completely wiped all my progress.

The dictionary definition of "prerelease" is "existing or occurring prior to the release of something". The game is mislabeled as "prerelease" when it should be labled as "under development".

Theres been like 5+ wipes

Core mechanics undergoing complete overhaul

Bugs that are persistent and expanding constantly

Many features or adjustments are rolled out partially then just left in half ass status

I could go on ad nauseam

I quit playing months ago but unless something radical happens not only will this company never receive a dollar of my money, nor an ounce of my time, but i will encourage anyone who asks to boycott the products of the affiliated companies. They're literally charging people to beta test and then shitting all over the people who participate. I dunno if they lack leadership, just dgf or have TOO MANY leaders. Either way they've turned a potential G.O.A.T. into a clusterfuck.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Ranger1k

10 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

The problem is they dont really want solo players. Some online games think you can force strangers together and somehow it all magically stays good and friendly. It's fine if you already have friends that play, but personally either starting a company with total strangers or joining one is a huge risk, which I have found out on Atlas sadly. The games company mechanics ,do not make joining or starting a company of unknown individuals a good prospect for a solo player. It's just too risky, (more so joining than starting).

Yeah, they made their mechanics so bad that even online you are basically playing single player because you can go days without seeing another player lol 

player counts are showing that online is a single player game.

6 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Expanding on @Whitehawk comments, they've had literally years worth of constructive criticism and the game just keeps getting worse.

I joined between the 2nd{?} and 3rd(?) wipe, was pretty happy and was encouraging people who had left the game to return. Then they stuck it in sideways, completely wiped all my progress.

The dictionary definition of "prerelease" is "existing or occurring prior to the release of something". The game is mislabeled as "prerelease" when it should be labled as "under development".

Theres been like 5+ wipes

Core mechanics undergoing complete overhaul

Bugs that are persistent and expanding constantly

Many features or adjustments are rolled out partially then just left in half ass status

I could go on ad nauseam

I quit playing months ago but unless something radical happens not only will this company never receive a dollar of my money, nor an ounce of my time, but i will encourage anyone who asks to boycott the products of the affiliated companies. They're literally charging people to beta test and then shitting all over the people who participate. I dunno if they lack leadership, just dgf or have TOO MANY leaders. Either way they've turned a potential G.O.A.T. into a clusterfuck.

My 2 cents.

Hello ranger, this is technically the first post I liked that you have done. It is not your fault because as you said you joined later on in the game(even if it was the second wipe). I found you very annoying coming in as a new player and being naive as to think everything was an easy change without realizing the company you were taking to. 

your posts were informative and heart felt, so I did have respect for them but they were annoying nonetheless. Now that I see you have taken the red pill, I have a new found respect for you.

the one piece of advice I could give is next time you join a new game and do the same thing you do, do some research into the company first because you were way off base and that is why you got some unwelcoming introductions.

you are a good talker as well as informative in your opinions but you really have to know what you are walking into before you start. Just a piece of advice.

this company has done more than you can even imagine if you look into it(you also need to look into ark history) the leadership is the exact same and the team is half the same. 

Edited by George of the jungle

Pve/pvp  isn't quite the same as single player. Not until your shipyards disappear every time you log out!!!

@Whitehawk & @George of the jungle yea I'm still befuddled as to why companies go to mass market via mmo's when they don't have a single player or its bugged.

Strikes me as a learn to crawl before you walk type of no brainer. 90% of Atlas' problems could have been avoided this way. 

I do understand it, I suppose, under some scenarios..

A large, well funded company w years of industry experience directly relating to mmo's well then i suppose it would be logical. The industry giants, so to speak. However, they've stated on numerous occasions that their development team is small, so I don't get it..

To build BIG a stable foundation is required. The "foundation" is single player or small scale matchmaking. From there, when the core experience is defined, stable and popular THEN run with it.. They've spent 2 years putting the wagon in front of the horse. Period.

Edited by Ranger1k

6 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

@Whitehawk & @George of the jungle yea I'm still befuddled as to why companies go to mass market via mmo's when they don't have a single player or its bugged.

Strikes me as a learn to crawl before you walk type of no brainer. 90% of Atlas' problems could have been avoided this way. 

I do understand it, I suppose, under some scenarios..

A large, well funded company w years of industry experience directly relating to mmo's well then i suppose it would be logical. The industry giants, so to speak. However, they've stated on numerous occasions that their development team is small, so I don't get it..

To build BIG a stable foundation is required. The "foundation" is single player or small scale matchmaking. From there, when the core experience is defined, stable and popular THEN run with it.. They've spent 2 years putting the wagon in front of the horse. Period.

Well just like with ark they have a go big or go home kind of mentality. Their fatal flaw was that ark was such a success they figured they could get away with it again but with half the effort.

with ark they did go big. With atlas they did go home and once they got home they shit the bed, and then they sold that bed to us for 30 dollars. Maybe they are masterminds and we are the idiots after all.

Edited by George of the jungle