Sign in to follow this  
Ranger1k

Markets since latest patch

Refresher for those not familiar w the system outlined in previous threads.

Last night markets stopped working as they were prior, for some of  us on PvE Lawless atleast.

Basically the system we're using is Market A invites Market B, Market B invites Market C, then Market C invites Market A. This yielded 2 routes for every participant. Worked fine until patch.

We were trading equivalent resources w markets set to private. Yield was ~2.5 k a day.

Now when we try to bring it back online it becomes musical chairs, meaning, 1 or 2 participants wind up w 1 functional trade route and 1 or 2 participants wind up w both functional trade routes. Also, the privacy settings do not seem to be working.

I will add one positive comment, the ping has been buttery smooth. Best since wipe.

Anyone having the same issues or using a different system? Didn't want to send in a bug report yet until i got feedback from y'all.

Going to be busy next few days, so i may not be able to reply much. 

Last thing please only post about market optimization and problem specifics (ie problems,solutions and facts). Please don't turn this into a thread debating whether or not we need markets.

Thanks y'all 🙂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

turn this into a thread debating whether or not we need markets.

But do we really need them?

@eeeceee what do you think?

😈😈

• Haha 1

Each market tries to get ONLY ONE of it's trade routes working -> ships moving
All other trade routes are NOT shipping...

Therefore if you go A>B>C>A it results in only two routes shipping - for example: A>B and C>A, but not B>C because all markets already got at least one route shipping.
If you have 4 markets A,B,C,D in a circle it would also at some point result in only to routes working so every market gets ONE route shipping: A>B and C>D for example.

If you want max shipping going on you have to connect every other market to only one center market like a star. Thereby all markets force one route each on the center market, which will have multiple shipping, while all other at least got one. That is max shipping you can achieve right now.

I guess that is to limit server load or later actual trade ships moving around on the servers... Maybe they change it now that most of the market lag is solved...

When setting up your star market setup take note that markets seems to only be able to request 5 trade routes, but can accept (or at least auto-accept internal) trade routes.

Edited by Sheepshooter