SusanT

A shout out to the folks who fix the tickets

I have dealt with WildCard before and never had issues with them fixing a problem I have had. IMO IF you give them exact information and don't overload it with emotions and are polite you get your character fixed.

I had an issue for about five days kept getting kicked by battleye due to client not responding. I did almost everything the blogs were stating ie;kill yourself in freeport, uninstall Atlas,  uninstall BE etc.

When I decided to turn in a ticket to them it was AFTER I had done all that I myself could do in order to fix the issue, so many times it is on the players end that issues can't be fixed so I wanted to give them details of all that I have done to try and resolve the problem on my own then, gave them exact details of it and of my character ei; steam url/character name/company name/grid or grids I am having issues in and what the issue is.

I have found if you are exact and precise with your ticket you get help, they don't have the time to try and figure out what the player has done or if it is on their end, they are inundated by silly tickets and have to go through the legitimate ones ( imo ) but if you follow guidelines that are common sense, they help you and they help you more quickly. 

Just a heads up to those having these issues and, any other issue remember, more exact details and curtesy.

Thanks to the guys who fix the tickets, I would NOT want your job!!

Getting kicked by battleye a few minutes after logging in. A search will turn up lots of work-arounds, some that actualy work for a while. I've even posted one that worked when this happend to me about 8 months ago.

Sorry you were not able to play for 5 days while trying to find a workable solution.

It's a shame common issue like this arn't pinned on the bugs forum with an official what to do if this happens checklist.

Lets see now, everyone has the exact same issue at the same time. Only seems to affect official servers.  And the Devs think its on the client end? I am a certified network administrator and I can tell you that this is not the case at all.  The servers first should be backdated at least a week so that the gamers, there client base can retain all they have done so far.  Then for now restart the servers one at a time across the board, all official servers. During this time they need to look into the servers that they are clearly renting as to the DNS services they are using, as well as the amount of hops the servers require to connect to there client base. Also an update to steam coincided with the current problem, this also seems to be overlooked by all. They should also bear in mind that many players of this game also play ark and have servers for it. They seem to be at a point where the could lose that client base across the board.. Also point in mind is the simple fact of in simple terms is memory leak. Servers , especially Microsoft servers should be restarted on a scheduled basis in order to prevent this as well as the common pc, tablet , phone , smartwatch etc.

23 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Getting kicked by battleye a few minutes after logging in. A search will turn up lots of work-arounds, some that actualy work for a while. I've even posted one that worked when this happend to me about 8 months ago.

Sorry you were not able to play for 5 days while trying to find a workable solution.

It's a shame common issue like this arn't pinned on the bugs forum with an official what to do if this happens checklist.

Thank you, yeah five days almost killed me as I love Atlas lol.

I do agree, since it is an ongoing issue and has been for years and years there should be a step by step guide and maybe they will eventually work that in, we can always hope.

23 hours ago, Phantom007 said:

Lets see now, everyone has the exact same issue at the same time. Only seems to affect official servers.  And the Devs think its on the client end? I am a certified network administrator and I can tell you that this is not the case at all.  The servers first should be backdated at least a week so that the gamers, there client base can retain all they have done so far.  Then for now restart the servers one at a time across the board, all official servers. During this time they need to look into the servers that they are clearly renting as to the DNS services they are using, as well as the amount of hops the servers require to connect to there client base. Also an update to steam coincided with the current problem, this also seems to be overlooked by all. They should also bear in mind that many players of this game also play ark and have servers for it. They seem to be at a point where the could lose that client base across the board.. Also point in mind is the simple fact of in simple terms is memory leak. Servers , especially Microsoft servers should be restarted on a scheduled basis in order to prevent this as well as the common pc, tablet , phone , smartwatch etc.

I think your quote is directed at the devs, my point in the post and what the post is mainly about is that I never have issues getting help when I turn in a ticket because I am exact on my information I give, I posted this so others can see it and know what to do, if one turns in a ticket and is not specific how are the ones that fix the tickets supposed to fix it?<Rhetorical.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 9:33 AM, SusanT said:

Thank you, yeah five days almost killed me as I love Atlas lol.

I do agree, since it is an ongoing issue and has been for years and years there should be a step by step guide and maybe they will eventually work that in, we can always hope.

I think your quote is directed at the devs, my point in the post and what the post is mainly about is that I never have issues getting help when I turn in a ticket because I am exact on my information I give, I posted this so others can see it and know what to do, if one turns in a ticket and is not specific how are the ones that fix the tickets supposed to fix it?<Rhetorical.

I agree, be specific.

Also, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I, and some of my crew, got stuck in D7. Apparently, it was not just us. We sent in tickets but what got it fixed faster was sending dollie discord pms. 

She said the server looked up and running from their end, tried to say it was our ISP's at first. Well, dozens of players do not have the same ISP.  She finally had an engineer restart the server, problem solved.

23 hours ago, 8ball said:

I agree, be specific.

I, and some of my crew, got stuck in D7. Apparently, it was not just us. We sent in tickets but what got it fixed faster was sending dollie discord pms. 

She said the server looked up and running from their end, tried to say it was our ISP's at first. Well, dozens of players do not have the same ISP.  She finally had an engineer restart the server, problem solved.

Oh yeah, there were more than a dozen who had the BE issues of dc'ing and not being able to connect at all ( this included the USA and the UK ), which really needs to be looked into, I know 7dtd has their own anti hacking program I believe it is called " easy anti cheat " don't quote me on that though been a while since I have played that but Conan also has their own anti hacking program so maybe the devs need to look into making their own, would save them a lot of time most likely, getting back to you talking of the grid being down or bad, I have gotten almost all of my animals out of L6 grid, N2 & L7 are in question as well but not sure on N2 & L7 as I avoided them like the plague but I am POSITIVE of L6 getting worse, I have not had any issues in M grid but it took an hour to get out of L6 when I did go get most of my animals, horrible.

BE in it's frequently asked questions state that it may be the isp but when you have multiple players having the same issue it is not that at least to my knowing it's not, imo it is more of a sync problem that we ourselves can't fix.

Always polite, always specific and the problem should be fixed.

23 hours ago, 8ball said:

I agree, be specific.

BTW, I have ran two servers myself before, single servers not multiple but, when I did I always had to restart them it clears up a mess and a half, with all of the servers Atlas has it needs to be a routine management sort of thing I think that too would solve a lot of problems and therefore a lot of tickets going in.

• Like 1

Anti-cheat tools are ever evolving to keep up with the latest trends.  This software is rarely written by the game developer and AFAIK almost always a third party service that specializes in such work.  The amount of time/money you would have to spend to keep up with all the hackers and their tools would be enormous. 

• Like 1