Parsama

Water

The easiest method is to just let them collect rainwater. Hadn't quite figured out how to extract it from the ground via a well yet but I just set up a few barrels to drink from and the water reservoir's to irrigate crops.

I understand that the water reservoir repairs the crops using pipes, but I will play and I have lost 24 hours, I have not seen rain yet ...

If you find a freshwater source nearby, you can fill the barrels by filling waterskins, then placing them in the barrels inventory. Once you do so, right click on the skin and select the option to fill barrel, then remove the skin. A barrel will hold about 5 skins worth iirc.

Water barrels are filled with a water skin and the water skin is filled by standing in fresh water not salt water and mousing over the water skin in inventory and hitting E key,

to fill the barrel go in to barrel inventory and place the water skin then mouse over water skin in the barrel inventory and hit E key and it moves the water in to the barrel from the skin.

2 minutes ago, Parsama said:

ok but on my island i dont have any clear water only sea

need to move to another island not all islands have fresh water ponds, you can dig for fresh water but only to fill you up not your containers

Rain barrels will take rainwater, but I think I've seen rain once in about 30 hours of play.

28 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Rain barrels will take rainwater, but I think I've seen rain once in about 30 hours of play.

The problem is, some areas like the desert areas never have rain, ever. There needs to be water sources or a well to add a well to get water.

I don't see a reason too, not all islands are habitable. It would be nice to see a way to filter saltwater into freshwater, maybe boiling and condensing to get salt and fresh water

I am on a tropical island and it has rained once in like 4 days of game time. Its no very often, but if it rains it will the barrel with enough water to last easily till the next rain.