Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

Preserving bag

Anyone know how much salt the preserving bags use daily now?It seems to be more than ever.I'm stocking them with salt a lot more often now than before. 

I haven't noticed a change, but most of my bags use ice now, so maybe?

Any chance you are inadvertently putting raw meat in them? That will auto-consume the salt to make salted meat.

no its always cooked,hope it's a glitch in a way cos it's using quite a lot for such few items

11 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Anyone know how much salt the preserving bags use daily now?It seems to be more than ever.I'm stocking them with salt a lot more often now than before. 

I tried to store some raw prime in one and when I went back to use it for taming it had become "salted".  I don't know how new that is, but it only made salted meat and fish out of regular meat and fish before.

15 hours ago, Slash78 said:

I tried to store some raw prime in one and when I went back to use it for taming it had become "salted".  I don't know how new that is, but it only made salted meat and fish out of regular meat and fish before.

If you need to preserve raw prime meat, just use Ice in your preserving bag now. It is dramatically better at preserving anyway.

yeh unfortunately ice is a long way away and i've just lost my two ships.oh well more salt

On 7/18/2019 at 11:37 PM, Slash78 said:

Use ice