Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Please Devs, Use the PTR before adding more broken stuff to the game.

Then if it doesn't work.. you will have tested it before releasing to the general population.

Stop using us as guinea pigs.. let us volunteer for that pleasure.

We can however expect internal testing of the bare basics. The food silo doesn't even work as intended. Thats something they could have found out in a few minutes. Exactly that cba attitude drives people away.

• Like 1

There is at least one legitimate point on each side of this discussion. Yes, players were forewarned this was Early Access and that the product was unfinished, and it is entirely true that too many posts here seem to be written in ignorace or indifference to that fact. However, I'm not sure anyone reasonably should expect internal testing to be so nonexistent or ineffective that a brand new item, upon being introduced, promptly is shown not to work as advertised at all. If you ask me, the Early Access part at a minimum ought to mean "we're testing the stuff we've developed to see how well it fits into a play environment." 

Not

"We're testing the stuff you've developed to see if it even does what you said it does."

That's an exceedingly low bar. But the reason we're even having this conversation (yet again) is because when it comes to Early Acess, the bar is whatever the developer decides it is, and the consumer has no way short of reviews or word of mouth of knowing whether Early Access means: a studio not entirely sure how to design an MMO or do effective internal testing and is therefore using their customers as crash test dummies to see if their game even works (Atlas)

or

a studio that has their shit together and is releasing a highly polished conceptually finished graphically gorgeous game you'd pay 30 bucks for as a finished product without a second thought and all they really need to do is iron out a few bugs, add in their endgame content and get feedback on how best to tweak already tested game systems further. (Satisfactory)

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2

I'm abit confused.. by any objections to my thread tbh.. The Devs.. created the public TEST Realm.. surely.. it should be used for TESTING.. Why else have it?

Sure it's ea and overall the game is in progress.. but adding items that simply dont work.. thats not game progression.. if anything it's game regression..

The worst of this issue esp with the Silo, is it was added as a QoL addition.. it actually makes QoL worse.. and people who don't even play the game think it's amazing..

Personally I like the "idea" of the silo.. But let me know when it works.  Before adding it.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The PTR, as they have already stated, is intended to be used for testing major builds/changes to the game, not little one-off structures.

A structure that can ruin your work of months and has such an enormous impact on one of the core aspects of the game isnt a little one-off item. Nothing you release in a quick and dirty edit. Then they should have kept it for the next "Mega" patch.

• Like 2