Sign in to follow this  
chrislightsaber

Map on my server is gray

Have you exported the map and cell images to ur ServerGrid folder? They must also be named approproately.

MapIMG.jpg

CellIMG.png (the export process takes care of appending grid position in the name)

If you did that then make sure all ports are open. It matters. 

My issue was the port. When the server starts up run a port check on them just in case. My box was DMZed and somehow they were still closed. I turned that off and forwarded the ports. Outside of that, idk if jpgs and pings together would mess it up. I cant imagine IMG not being capitalized would matter either but I guess ya never know.

10 minutes ago, chrislightsaber said:

wait how do i run a port check on them?

You can always check for open ports by using a ftp client. try connecting to ip:port should timeout, but atleast try to connect.

2 hours ago, chrislightsaber said:

my map is all gray , ive tried normal steps to fix this issue but nothings worked. anyone know what to do?

This what @cpjet64 did on my map to help us fix this.
Just look at the video and you will get all informations you need.

I do not know him personnaly, but this guy is awesome helping everyones. If you have a bit of money donate to him, he is helping everyones freely and take a lot of his time to solves problems. He deserved it greatly.

I got my map to work correctly by making these two line empty in the ServerGrid.json.

"MetaWorldURL": "",

"MapImageURL": "",

2 minutes ago, Cryoe said:

I got my map to work correctly by making these two line empty in the ServerGrid.json.

"MetaWorldURL": "",

"MapImageURL": "",

Mine are empty 

15 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

This what @cpjet64 did on my map to help us fix this.
Just look at the video and you will get all informations you need.

I do not know him personnaly, but this guy is awesome helping everyones. If you have a bit of money donate to him, he is helping everyones freely and take a lot of his time to solves problems. He deserved it greatly.

Ill try this thanks although ive talked to cpjet before

I too am having this issue. I checked with cpjet64 but my question went unanswered, that guy is busy answering questions so no worries. I'm hoping someone here can recommend somethings to try. My ports are all open and tested, I'm unsure of anything else to try. I know cpjet64 went over it a couple of times but I missed the full explanation and have no idea which clip would hold the answers. As always any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

~Oni

4 hours ago, Margot said:

Can the map display be affected by SeamlessDataPort? What should be written there?

You are right. I forgot to open that port and after that i can see ingame map !

It's the seamless map port which is not open to connect to. So make sure the 27000 port is forwarded to your server.

Grab CurrPorts utility and start ur server. Ensure shootergame is handling all 3 of ur ports per grid properly. Please confirm here with a screenshot.