To start off the new year right, we are reinforcing our commitment to better supporting our Xbox community. Unfortunately, there have been several game breaking issues affecting Xbox players recently. To that end, our primary focus for this patch is getting out a fix so that Xbox players can log into the game without crashing. There is still a lot more we need to do to improve the Xbox experience, but we are taking the steps needed to get us back on track. Additional improvements and fixes will follow in subsequent patches.
We have opened a new crossplay compatible Public Test Realm (PTR) so that Xbox players can also participate in testing out patches prior to them being implemented on live servers. Xbox players can gain access to the PTR server by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/9LEBUWF8EXx15WTt6
Servers will be going down to deploy the update on Wednesday
January 11th February 1st around 12PM PST. Servers are expected to be back up shortly after.
Released Patch Notes
Holiday themed items can be purchased from Holiday Vendors found on Freeport islands.
Lunar New Year:
- Paper Lantern
- New! Stone Rabbit Statue
- New! Jade Rabbit Statue
- New! Gold Rabbit Statue
- Black Giant Teddy Bear
- Pink Giant Teddy Bear
- Red Giant Teddy Bear
- New! Heart Cannon Skin
- Fixed various holes in the water along island shores.
- Fixed being unable to fill water skins at water taps connected to Stone Reservoirs.
- Fixed the Barn UI becoming illegible when the player stores a large amount of tames.
- Fixed various Tame House data tracking issues.
- Fixed an issue with ships sinking unusually fast after being repaired.
- Fixed an issue with ships clipping into the ground in shallow waters and moving onto land.
- Fixed an issue where ships gridding at the same time loaded into the new grid on top of each other.
- Fixed an issue with the Puckle Tower attacking all targets even after setting a preferred target.
- Removed Thanksgiving and Christmas themed items from the Holiday Vendor.
- Removed Grog crafting from Water Barrels. Grog can now be crafted in Cooking Pots or Grills.
- Improved performance on several structures/items.
- Reduced the decay time of fast decay objects from 12 to 10 hours.
- Updated the Tame House UI to show tames in a list.
- Fixed instances of crashing with tame structures.
- Fixed issues of not being able to use a tame structures option wheel.
- Xbox crashes when scrolling through the menu too quickly.
- Xbox players are unable to purchase or use some holiday items.
- Xbox players are unable to reload mounted weapons. (Cannon, ballista, puckle, etc.)
- Incorrect UI for the tame hatchery and swarm house.
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame