In our last post we revealed our Season 10 Roadmap to cover some of our goals for the current season. Included in this update are several of those new features as well as some much needed bug fixes. Pathfinders can celebrate the holiday season with some spooky decor and skins, enjoy life at sea with the new Floating Operating Bases, and partake in the plentiful harvest provided by new tameable creatures.
Servers will be going down to deploy the update on Monday October 31st at 1:00 PM PDT. Servers are expected to be back up shortly after.
Released Patch Notes
Halloween has arrived in Atlas again, so get in on the tricks and treats available with this limited time holiday event! Players can also enjoy a week long bonus rate event!
Jack O’ Lantern
This carved pumpkin contains a variety of Halloween themed gifts inside when opened. Can only be obtained from destroyed Ship of the Damned loot.
- Two-Handed Scythe: a cosmetic variant of the 2-Handed Mace.
- Jack O’ Lantern: a placeable cosmetic structure.
- Gravestone: a placeable cosmetic structure.
- Scarecrow: a placeable cosmetic structure.
- Candy Corn: an edible treat (or is this a trick?) with no nutritional value.
- Witch’s Hat: a cosmetic hat for Cats, Crows, Crocodiles, Yeti, and Monkeys.
- Jack O’ Lantern Helmet Skin: a cosmetic skin for a helmet.
- New! Jack O’ Lantern Cannon Skin: a cosmetic skin for your cannons to change the appearance of shot cannon balls.
Items can alternately be individually purchased from the Holiday vendor located in Freeports.
Floating Operating Base
Some crafty Pathfinders without an island to call home have managed to strap four schooners together and built a platform on them! This new Floating Operating Base has finally made its debut into Atlas!
Floating Operating Bases (FOBs) introduce a whole new strategic system into Atlas where players are able to build temporary floating bases to stage their fleet. The foundation of the FOB is a large square with a hollow center. Along each side of the foundation are snap points for Sea Docks (max: 6), where player ships can be docked and protected. The foundation will provide support for all structures placed on it or connected to it up to 16 connections away, with no weight limit. There are, of course, limits on where FOB foundations can be placed to avoid potential griefing.
- Companies will be limited to one FOB per grid.
- Must be placed in the open ocean.
- Can’t be placed near Tradewinds, portals, islands, or other FOBs (being allied does not reduce the placement restriction).
- Can’t be placed in Golden Age, kraken, or Maw grids.
After placing the foundation, a decay timer will start ticking down regardless of if a player is within render range or not. There are only a few instances where this decay timer can be extended and once the decay timer reaches zero, the foundation will be destroyed. If the FOB foundation is destroyed, all attached structures will also be destroyed. Any ships currently docked will be released and no longer protected.
- Island Claim Grids: The foundation will decay after 36 hours and can only be extended if a War Declaration changes the grid into combat phase after the first 12 hours of the foundation's existence, meaning the foundation will be extended until the completion of the war declaration
- Lawless and Lawless Claim Grids: The foundation will decay after 36 hours.
- PvE Specific: All FOB foundations will start with a 7-day decay timer which can be extended by 12 hours for 5,000 gold, with no limit on the number of extensions.
On PvP servers, FOBs can be claimed by other companies using the same claim flag used to capture enemy ships. The flag can be placed anywhere on any structure connected to the foundation. If claimed, the ownership of all ships docked in Sea Docks will be transferred to the new owning company as well.
Crafting: Crafted from the Smithy after learning the Esotery of Building skill.
- Wood: 35000
- Gold: 10000
- Metal: 15000
- Fibers: 10000
- Wood: 10000
- Fibers: 5000
The Swarm House offers a way of obtaining new companion tames with the added benefit of passive resource generation. Swarm Houses provide the perfect habitat for Bees, Ants, Bats, Rattlesnakes and Mini Crabs*. Nearby wild tames of the acceptable type will be drawn to the Swarm House where they will be captured and tamed. Creatures tamed this way will not be rideable or breedable.
Passive Resource Generation:
- Bee: Honey
- Rattlesnake: Venom
- Bat: Nitro Fertilizer
- Ant: Toxic Flora
- Mini Crab: Crustacean Meat*
*Please note: the Mini Crab will be added in a following patch.
Crafting: Crafted at the Smithy after learning the Beastmastery Tier 2 skill.
- Thatch: 40
- Stone: 20
- Hide: 10
- Wood: 20
- Fixed various issues with tames being unloaded from the Tame House and Hatchery.
- Fixed an issue wherein poison arrow inflicted zero damage against a Fire Elemental.
- Fixed an issue with buried Treasure Chests always containing Shipyards as loot.
- Fixed an issue with unclaimed tame timers resetting on ships.
- Fixed an issue with water spouts disappearing immediately after digging them up.
- Filled in an exploitable gap near the Rock Elemental boss.
- Fixed an issue with misplaced Voyage of Power map markers.
- Fixed an issue where Waterskins and Jars could not be used to add water to Water Barrels.
- Fixed some issues with incorrect soil types on certain islands.
- Fixed an issue where the Aurora Borealis would appear in the tropical J10.
- Fixed an issue with island spawn selections for previous season’s freeport grids.
- Fixed an issue with the game crashing when joining with a new character.
- Fixed an issue with respawning on home server not spawning on home server.
- Fixed text issue in the keyboard bindings menu.
- Fixed an issue where Power Stone map markers were displayed in incorrect locations.
- Fixed an issue with players being able to clip floors and foundations into each other.
- Fixed an issue where Guillotines are spawning on the new sea fort too many times.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs will stand up when the player accesses the inventory of a sail with a junk skin.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs are not seated correctly when a junk sail skin is used.
- Fixed an issue where dismounting the wheel or sail of a moving modular ship would cause the player to fall into the ocean.
- Fixed an issue with crashing when gridding on non-dedicated servers.
- Fixed an issue about disconnected terrain on the north side of the north island in L9.
- Fixed minor map issues.
- Fixed an issue where non-fertilized chicken eggs could not stack.
- Fixed an issue where the Large Wood Wall was placed in the wrong folder in the Smithy.
- Fixed an issue where buried treasure chests did not contain high durability Small Shipyards.
- Fixed an issue where items that require Toxic Compounds to make would be missing from the Mortar and Pestle after a server reset.
- Fixed an issue with turtles not hatching from eggs.
- Fixed an issue where the Puckle Tower was too difficult to place.
- Fixed an issue with rowing module activation while anchored.
- Fixed an issue with players able to clip through modular ship hulls and onto lower decks.
- Fixed an issue with the Crab Boss not dropping Mythos.
- Fixed an issue with selecting the join with new character option.
Fixed an issue with Tame Houses and Tame Hatcheries increasing the mating interval instead of reducing it.
- Added limits on how many Wall Hooks, Wall Planters, and Hanging Plants can be placed in close proximity to each other.
- Increased the movement speed of Kekada (crab boss).
All bosses drop 2000 Mythos when defeated.
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame