Sign in to follow this  
monkguru

Wind direction

fix what? it changes. it's not a "I want to go that way so wind needs to blow that way RIGHT NOW". it's a sailing game, fight the winds or give up and wait for it to change. took me an hour and a half yesterday to travel west when the winds were going almost straight east. had the winds been going west i would have been where i wanted in 10 minutes. Go real life sailing and tell the wind to "fix itself". youll get about as much help there as you will here concerning the wind. Sorry.

• Like 1

I'm not sailing in real life. I'm sure that would take real life lessons. I been going in circles for 30 hrs. I should be able to go considering all the other broken shit. It too time demanding. Can't log I for 2 days but everything is taken. Pfft

3 hours ago, monkguru said:

I'm not sailing in real life. I'm sure that would take real life lessons. I been going in circles for 30 hrs. I should be able to go considering all the other broken shit. It too time demanding. Can't log I for 2 days but everything is taken. Pfft

You should look online how ships had to travel in zig zags so they could catch wind And in some cases have no wind and be stranded which didn't happen here. 

I'm sorry... I experienced this too getting stuck against a giant rock having a panic attack that I was going to sink my brand new raft... but once i figured it out I really liked the painful learning curve. 

I despaired of ever sailing my Raft properly.  I was all over the place.  Then, this morning the penny dropped and everything clicked into place.  I've been sailing from Island to Island, tacking against the wind and going in directions I never thought possible when I was crashing into everything in the Freeport harbour.  :D

• Like 1