Sign in to follow this  
Ferron_Arrumekan

Treasure Maps and Ghost Ships

Okay! For starters! Treasure maps! Awesome. Amazing experience. Decent loot from the 4 we've done so far... Here's a video I made talking about them and showing how to find them once you have the map. 

Secondly! My god. The ghost ships. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. It's TERRIFYING. They are VERY aggressive and kind of hard to avoid.. BECAUSE SO MANY OF THEM SPAWN. I saw literally 5 of them on my screen at 1 time. We nearly lost our Schooner. Had to go back to a lawless region to get enough supplies to TRY and make it to our base in A4. This is insane. The spawn rate of ghost ships NEEDS to be nerfed BADLY. Either that or reduce our damage. We are a small group of only 4. It took us a long time to build our Schooner, about 6 hours of constant material farming. We haven't been able to branch into the cannons yet because of the A7 point screw up. I can understand them wanting to make the game harder. Trust me. I get that, but for small groups like us, this update just made a HUGE mountain for us to climb. I hope they do something to compensate for that later down the line. I am LOVING this update but also hating it because of how many ghost ships are spawning.

Nice video :classic_wink:

Exactly too many ghost ships .  Near our island, 6 ghostShips including 3/4 Red lvl24. We couldn't leave the island with our Schooner

I love the difficulty but this is too much, we haven't made any cannons because very little iron on the island...

2 minutes ago, jaeha said:

Nice video :classic_wink:

Exactly too many ghost ships .  Near our island, 6 ghostShips including 3/4 Red lvl24. We couldn't leave the island with our Schooner

I love the difficulty but this is too much, we haven't made any cannons because very little iron on the island...

Am sorry to hear that but thank you for the compliment! Shame about the ghost ships.. They definitely need to be made more rare.. It's insane. We have no cannons on our Schooner because all of our resources are going towards our Galleon. That and because of the A7 skill update, no one is specced into artillery and I don't want to have to spec into that specifically.. It's so expensive.

Well, quick update. We just lost our Schooner. We were on an island, getting items to repair the boat for the treck home and a random ghost ship just wanders up on our boat, which is unmanned by the way, and just.. Sinks it. It's gone. Thankfully, we can spawn back at home but.. Now we have.. No boat to get around the island, at least not right now.. Wow.. That.. They really need to change this.. AFK for an hour? Bye bye boat. Go to sleep for the night? Bye bye boat when you log on in the morning. This is stupid. Seriously. Honestly, take away ghost ship agro unless you agro them first. We had to work for 6 or whatever hours to get this damn boat, just to have some dumb NPC nuke it down because we were collecting resources on a SPAWNER island (lawless zone).

I had the same deal happen. Logged in and everything that was in water near our base GONE! If the dev team doesn't compensate somehow then we're out. GG Atlas.

2 hours ago, Hasnofear said:

I had the same deal happen. Logged in and everything that was in water near our base GONE! If the dev team doesn't compensate somehow then we're out. GG Atlas.

Ouch... That really sucks >.< I'm hoping that doesn't happen to us.. I also watched some videos of some Atlas naval battles... Unless we can figure out how to hire NPCs to man things, there is no way our little group of 4 can command a boat larger than a schoop or whatever.. The one just beneath a brig. They lost their brig and they had like.. 5 or 6 dedicated fully skilled out repairers, like 20 cannon men and several people on the sails.. They got wrecked

Lost my schooner earlier today right after the update when I logged in and a ghost shipped popped in front of me. Since I lost everything I grinded up back to a sloop again but guess what... right when I changed zones a lvl 28 ghost ship popped up in front of me and everything got blasted away in under a minute again. I couldn't even avoid it because you are not able to see into the other zones and also I couldn't just turn back because of the wind. Nice...

ghostships should only be like 1 in 10 servers and 1 hour repop (better loot) and then sail between the 10 servers and if it is killed it repop in a random one, so you can't just "farm them" but if you see one you can mobilize and chase it down

as it is now with 10 on the screen at the same time is plain stupid, only rafts can get around

The ghostships are ridiculous ...

8BD75E1C3B5DEB4133A95DFE3EF23C1E7131E7C9

E323E1367A43AC8D6DD78BD519D175493B9944D3

For god's sake this was not our ship, but I feel very sorry for the guys.

Just finnished second scooner(first lost whit this patch) second scooner sunk in docks when this ghoust ships came 2time in 2hour to lawless island where we were and destroey half of the ship at the island. That spawn rate is insane!!! Wtf this Devs are doing??? Im about to refound this game... plus if you destroy that ghoust ship u GET NOTHING no reward... Bg. Arrr...#morerum!!

Have to agree. Was moving from one Island to Another in different zone/server. I don't know how many ships we saw, but at least 12 Ghost ships traveling in 2 zones. Zoning in to last zone Everything looked good, suddenly it spawns right behind is and start firing. Sloop two speed sails and not even close to get away. Followed is through zone/server and finally sunk us with all we had collected since launch day ☹ Please make them less or at least a way to outrun them if you have a smaller boat.