Sign in to follow this  
Sinate

PvE change with V7

Just noticed an undocumented change with the latest patch, seems you can now claim land in 30mins even if it has a building on it. Only a player can contest now.

Our company of 7 players, our land can be taken within 30mins.... but we cant take land.. So there is something else going on now, maybe they enabled a claim limit per company or player? Our claims have buildings on them, crafting stations etc but people can still take them.

We have around half of  one of the smallest islands. can see end to end easily, maybe 14 land flags max (with lots of over lap) 

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by Sinate

5 minutes ago, Ione "Silver" McDougall said:

You have to not been on line for 3 days before someone can claim your land

Thats what the notes say yes, but that is not always the case. I am standing next to the flag and people are putting the flag down and I keep getting the stealing notification. I am the flag owner and when I walk away the stealing continues. I come back and it contests, been non stop since the patch, I have a house, with crafting stations etc .

Edited by Sinate

27 minutes ago, Sinate said:

Thats what the notes say yes, but that is not always the case. I am standing next to the flag and people are putting the flag down and I keep getting the stealing notification. I am the flag owner and when I walk away the stealing continues. I come back and it contests, been non stop since the patch, I have a house, with crafting stations etc .

You get the stealing message but Nothing should really happen, go to your Flag and if it tells "CLAIMED" everything is good

26 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

You get the stealing message but Nothing should really happen, go to your Flag and if it tells "CLAIMED" everything is good

I have been testing.

If I try to place a flag at someones claim, it goes "boop" and the flag wont go down. it refuses to place it, says not claimable for x minutes. tried this on a bunch of claims and it does the same thing. Boop and nothing.

One member of my company was booted for testing, they plopped their flag down next to one of ours that contained a building, the flag was placed down and said "contested", I left the area and then it said "declaiming enemy flag", then a timer appears counting down from 30mins.. it reached 1 min remaining and I reentered the area to contest. They cancelled it and was invited back in.

They could do this to any claim of ours. So something has changed or broken....

Edited by Sinate

Update again:

Just went to another island, ran upto the first base and put my flag down and it started the declaiming process... stopped the claim and went to the next base, it wouldnt let me place it at all and said cant claim for another 29000 seconds.

Next base let me place and the next, but the one after did not..

I can not find a link to why it works for some and not others. All of them had bases, some had players actually on them and other not, seems to make no difference.

@Sinate Although I agree that you should not have to babysit your land if you log on every day or 2 I think your company is part of the problem. There's no reason you need so many claims. 1 claim can fit 3 or more shipyards and a huge base. Companies should not need more than 1 flag per every 2 players 

17 minutes ago, Sinate said:

Update again:

Just went to another island, ran upto the first base and put my flag down and it started the declaiming process... stopped the claim and went to the next base, it wouldnt let me place it at all and said cant claim for another 29000 seconds.

Next base let me place and the next, but the one after did not..

I can not find a link to why it works for some and not others. All of them had bases, some had players actually on them and other not, seems to make no difference.

If it starts the declaiming that means Person was not there the last 3 days

5 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

If it starts the declaiming that means Person was not there the last 3 days

There is a guy building his roof on his base, I swear he almost fell off when I put my flag down and he got the alert 🙂 He was the company owner and flag owner. So this is not working properly currently.

Edited by Sinate

7 minutes ago, Maxito said:

@Sinate Although I agree that you should not have to babysit your land if you log on every day or 2 I think your company is part of the problem. There's no reason you need so many claims. 1 claim can fit 3 or more shipyards and a huge base. Companies should not need more than 1 flag per every 2 players 

I complety agree that large companies or even small ones claiming entire areas is bad. Currently we are 8 people in the company and if we were to use Ocean flags our land would be around the size of just over 2 Ocean flags with little overlap. That is a seperate issue thou. The main issue here is trying to understand the current system. Right now it appears to not be working as the devs have explained.

If they change it that we can only have 1 flag per company member then thats absolutely fine for  me.

I was curious about the land claims because i went threw my land getting taken twice [funny thing is i got off for the night before that patch, seen the notes the next day thinking alls good and guess what my land was taken and this time had i couldn't do anything about it] I also try to goto random flags just to test and as stated wouldn't even let me place. So alls good there.

But honestly i like the flag system to extend but people are really taking advantage of it. Being an Ark vet pillars on PVE was a nightmare. And I seen this system of claiming and thought they learned from there mistakes but guess not. My personal opinion is 1 flag per tile a person if solo, and 1 tile maybe a tad bit bigger for company if need be.Sailing around seeing islands with a huge red spot all over said island gets old and will kill player counts for pve like it did in Ark. 

We have a sizable claim for a larger company (11+ players) but I see it as land conservation. The shear numbers of solo players coming in wanting to claim their own slice of land would flood the land with bases as people crammed their buildings and shipyards into every possible place and islands would become barren wastelands.

Our claims are keeping our island stocked with resources.  Its like a wildlife reserve.  Sorry we were the first here, and claimed what we saw fit and we are completely willing to rent or absorb players into our company as long as they are decent folks.

Complaining about the land we have because you have not and limiting the amount of claims will not fix the game it will make it worse. Since there isnt enough land to satisfy the playerbase then another server needs to be launched.

We just lost most of our base to people claiming it while we were offline. Even though all of the places I visited before I logged off so they shouldnt have been able to take it for 3 days. After they got pissed because i put down a tax building that is just part of the game. Screw this game... I shouldnt lose the base I am sleeping in as well as my ships because of dumb ass mechanics. It took us over 12 hours to build the ship and countless hours gathering everything we own as we sailed around the world for someone to move in and just take my shit.