Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

The most most impressive thing about this update

...is that it was only a single day late from its announced release window of May.  As someone who has criticized Grapecard repeatedly in the past for their failure to release almost anything on time, this is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully it is a sign they are becoming better organized and more effective in their work. If so it could signal that a corner has been turned and real improvement of the development process is underway. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but this is a welcome positive sign.

@Jatheish et al, thanks for beating expectations.

The bar has been raised this time instead of lowered.

No pressure.

14 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Although anyone playing in Hawaii got the update in May. 👍

If you’re in Hawaii and investing meaningful time in video games, then imho 

U R doin it rong. 🤪

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

...is that it was only a single day late from its announced release window of May.  As someone who has criticized Grapecard repeatedly in the past for their failure to release almost anything on time, this is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully it is a sign they are becoming better organized and more effective in their work. If so it could signal that a corner has been turned and real improvement of the development process is underway. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but this is a welcome positive sign.

@Jatheish et al, thanks for beating expectations.

The bar has been raised this time instead of lowered.

No pressure.

The pressure is on now. With being only one day later the bar has been set to begin on time. I think they are afraid of hitting that bar though. If they do that it will he expected every time and the new bar will be releasing an update early.

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

The pressure is on now. With being only one day later the bar has been set to begin on time. I think they are afraid of hitting that bar though. If they do that it will he expected every time and the new bar will be releasing an update early.

That's just crazy talk.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

That's just crazy talk.

Yeah almost didn’t write it to be honest 😂

but yeah it is good to see they are making moves in the right direction.

i am hearing that the fishing net, ice box, and tames are not really looking good right now. Even some complaints about the cargo box and other nerfs.

i like things being on time but not at the cost of efficiency.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah almost didn’t write it to be honest 😂

but yeah it is good to see they are making moves in the right direction.

i am hearing that the fishing net, ice box, and tames are not really looking good right now. Even some complaints about the cargo box and other nerfs.

i like things being on time but not at the cost of efficiency.

Ehhhh, in an EA product I am more okay with putting stuff out there initially and then tweaking it based on playtesting, like the whole icebox thing.

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Ehhhh, in an EA product I am more okay with putting stuff out there initially and then tweaking it based on playtesting, like the whole icebox thing.

Don’t get me wrong I am fine with that too, but if it done that way I get more strict with tardiness however..

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

It’s like I am cool with both and they can choose either way they want to go but which ever way they choose, I expect that choice to happen

• Like 1