Sign in to follow this  
Ban Tier

Short Feedback here:

Yesterday we tried to claim an enemy Islands in our grid. First attack was quite ok, we were just running out of time due to the fact, the the claim timer runs backwards when the claim is interrupted. But the enemy had still beds on the Island and gear. So fair enough.
The fight of the second Island became weird,  because the enemy has build a high tower on their heightest mountain on the first Island and can now fly with gliders between the Islands without needing to use a boat. So despite the fact, that we could remove their beds on the second Island, were in control of the seas, they could come and set back the claim for more than 3 hours. We achieved 100+ kills with less than 10 losses, looted tons of mats but due to the flying mechanics, we were not able to claim the Island.

I am not sure, if gliders are intended to fly between Islands. But if we want to play a naval game, it should not be possible to bypass this aspect of the game. So I would suggest to nerve gliders drastically so that they can only be used to fly for a very short duration (10-15 seconds). If you need to jump of a high point, you can first free fall before you open the gilder, so no problem.

Other options would be to change the claim mechanics, i.e. the claim will only start to be interrupted if an enemy player entered the circle and stayed in the area for x minutes. Even better would be a system, where numbers count. The claim will be interrupted if the enemy scores lets say 100 points. Each enemy in the circle "earns" 10 points per minute. So 1 player needs to stay fpr 10 minutes in the area or 10 players for one minute.

Personally I would prefer just the nerve of the gliders because it has less impact on the existing defenses. But due to the fact, that the fight over land ownership is my personal motivation for PvP, I am also open for carefully changing the claim system, so that we get real fights over Islands AND over the seas arround it (as our first claim in the morning) and less suicide actions.

Agreed. Contesting a claim should require not just "boots on the ground" but time as well.