MRT

A new tree to balance claim system

Yeah, another post by me 🤣

Well, reading these two posts:

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8895-claim-mechanics-rebalancing-food-mechanic-mobs-make-it-fun/&tab=comments#comment-39228

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8499-suggestion-claim-changes-murdercriminal-system-and-sieges/

I thought in a new tree, that could be called by: Civilization or Colonization Tree

This new tree is based on a claim system that was sugested by @phaedread

So, it looks like that:

XPTvrux.png

Let a comment about what do you think 😁

Edited by MRT

its a pvp style tree. which is ok, but it lacks usability for pve. 

I like the idea to hire npcs for claims. they can work as guards or whatnot against mobs. 

i still stand by the idea to have only one flag / claim per person. 

also only one claim per company. 

increasing claim size should not be skill related but work related. the more effort you put in, the bigger you can grow.

that way its also people-related because a larger company can simply put in more work and effort and thus grow faster. 

I do like the idea of a 2nd or even 3rd company flag. that way a really large company can spread out a little

also: make it so that claims only claim actrual land, not the water areas around it. get rid of buoies as a claim. 
only largest claims shoud spread out to water. (meaning you need developed land to have a claim spread out to sea) 

claims without buildings (and I mean some prefabs like shipyard, dock, whatnot) cannot get contested, UNLESS no
one was working on that claim for a certain amount of time. 

whatever they change: claim spamming should be kept to a minimum. 

we need more open space. 

• Thanks 1

So, yeah only one personal flag maybe its the right way

The NPC hire ideia is exactly for that!

I really like that:

increasing claim size should not be skill related but work related. the more effort you put in, the bigger you can grow.

Like i not a native english speaker im always drawing thing to try explain my ideia, so i drew an island and the places that can be claim, something like that i thought:

Oy9kZAJ.png

Island might have 4-10 company places to be claim and one or more safe zones to players put their personal flags and dont be attacked.

However if a player wanna be an adventurer he can put his personal flag anywhere, but certainly will be attacked 🤣

Yeah all these thing i thought in a PVP server, some changes will necessary to PVE!

Anyway, sorry for my english im really trying hard to explain that lol

the system should be usable for pve and pvp. otherwise its just a hassle to design and maintain. 

i dislike the idea of fixed claim positions. 

also if we have company / personal claims, why do we need an extra layer of territory claims ? 

to claim territory, all you need is to be there and play accordingly. 
thats how it´s working in eve online. you can claim areas. but if you dont do anything in there, others use the space.

This system is like a feudalism works, many guild can claim your territory (maybe 2 or 4 if unlocked the skills on tree), the system resembles feudalism because it works that way:

" These company claim areas are still subject to the taxes coming from the territory claim flag, and are subject to 2x damage from the territory claim owners to help avoid insiding, or mutiny. Company claim flags should be a type of alliance to the territory owners, and show up as a "blue" or other color to help the territory owners identify these players and avoid conflicts. Territory claim owners can remove company flags, with a 24 hour notice similar to the siege mechanic mentioned below."

The fixed places is just for avoid a mess of a lot of players trying to put their flags anywhere, it have free spaces for sieges wars and increase the claim size of claimed territorys

The only flag you can put anywhere is the personal flag!

For the system works for pve servers the only issue i see is with "Open Siege" skills, these skill cant exist on thoses servers!

The only to a company lose their territory flag or company flag is stoping to work on it!

For the system works for pve servers the only issue i see is with "Open Siege" "Outlaw" and "Destroy personal flags"  skills, these skills cant exist on thoses servers! ***

siege equipment should be placeable whereever. 

yeah it might work, but it also means they have to redesign all islands for "claim positions", which makes it unwieldy and hard to maintain. 

true to the parts of the skilltree. not usable in pve, yet can be part of the same tree. 

although I would prefer to see the colonization tree more as building a settlement. 

claims, claim sizes maybe, prefab buildings maybe that give it a town feeling. 

I pretty much dislike the whole "build square huts " building thing anyways.

the houses and settlements should look natural and part of the scenerey, not artifically plöaced down, perfectly square cubicles.

Yeah, they have to redesign all islands

siege equipment should be placeable whereever. 

yeah it might work, but it also means they have to redesign all islands for "claim positions", which makes it unwieldy and hard to maintain. 

true to the parts of the skilltree. not usable in pve, yet can be part of the same tree. 

I really deslike it too

I pretty much dislike the whole "build square huts " building thing anyways.

I totally agree with it

the houses and settlements should look natural and part of the scenerey, not artifically plöaced down, perfectly square cubicles.

They have a really hard problem to the path btw! 😅

I hope they will see all those suggestion and it can help them in any way!