Sign in to follow this  
Bleakwise

Crew also repairs buildings when anchored.

Would make repairing your ship almost 100% more tolerable if when you anchored your ship, your crew that you have sweeping on deck would repair construction parts and not just decks, sails and planks.

It would also be amazing if you could assign one or two npcs to "repair duty" while out at sea. Maybe each deck could have one or two "repair duty" slots that you could put NPCs on. The idea being that it wouldn't make a big difference in combat, but it would take a lot of stress out of repairing after a fight with ghost ships or whatever. You could just go on knowing that in 10 minutes or so your boat would be fine.

Perhaps something like a "tool cubbord" you could put on your boat and man with an NPC, and it would repair everything in a 8-12 tile radius or something like that. Perhaps also usable on land.

Even if it were a top deck item like the diving attachment or dingey dock, i would get one just to take the stress out of repairs. You wouldn't have that worry at the back fo your mind like oh shit maybe i missed a plank or a tile, which happens especially when some of the planks are difficult to target.

At least make it so anchored NPCs repair construction, just this would be huge, as you could just park your boat after a fight, get a bit of wood etc and repair right away.

A better UI for your boat's damage would be nice too. Perhaps for everyone on board, not just the captian, just a little indicator on what is damaged via a RGB system, similar to games like Diablo where it shows which armor peaces and weapons are damaged in the top right or left corner of the screen. I know that tiles/planks change color but it can be a little to subtle and some planks are covered by decks on boats like schooners.

Furthermore, for boats with "armor" via sloped roofs this would be a huge stress reduction. It can get a little tiresom having to check over every single placement after every single fight to be sure nothing got focused on.

You don't tend to get in fights one right after another, so having some kind of "deck hand" or "tool cupboard"  that does repairs between fights would be great.

It doesn't have to be anything that would alter PVP, just something that would take some of the drawbacks of sailing away by handing it over to an extra NPC or two (i'd say two max).

Honestly just having "deck repairs" as something you could put an NPC on would be the way I would do it, and everything connected to that deck would get a slow repair, like 1-2 points per second or something. So a schooner would take 2 NPCs, and a Brig would take 3, a Sloop 1 and a Galleon 5 etc.

It might even make sense not to use it if you had player crew on board to save the crew points. An item for land called a "tool cupboard" with a 15-20 tile radius could be added for base repairs/defense for land bases/harbors only.

Edited by Bleakwise

6 hours ago, Bleakwise said:

Would make repairing your ship almost 100% more tolerable if when you anchored your ship, your crew that you have sweeping on deck would repair construction parts and not just decks, sails and planks.

It would also be amazing if you could assign one or two npcs to "repair duty" while out at sea. Maybe each deck could have one or two "repair duty" slots that you could put NPCs on. The idea being that it wouldn't make a big difference in combat, but it would take a lot of stress out of repairing after a fight with ghost ships or whatever. You could just go on knowing that in 10 minutes or so your boat would be fine.

Perhaps something like a "tool cubbord" you could put on your boat and man with an NPC, and it would repair everything in a 8-12 tile radius or something like that. Perhaps also usable on land.

Even if it were a top deck item like the diving attachment or dingey dock, i would get one just to take the stress out of repairs. You wouldn't have that worry at the back fo your mind like oh shit maybe i missed a plank or a tile, which happens especially when some of the planks are difficult to target.

At least make it so anchored NPCs repair construction, just this would be huge, as you could just park your boat after a fight, get a bit of wood etc and repair right away.

A better UI for your boat's damage would be nice too. Perhaps for everyone on board, not just the captian, just a little indicator on what is damaged via a RGB system, similar to games like Diablo where it shows which armor peaces and weapons are damaged in the top right or left corner of the screen. I know that tiles/planks change color but it can be a little to subtle and some planks are covered by decks on boats like schooners.

It would be much better if the DEVs would redesign it so that our ships could sail into their respective shipyard and dock back into it. Basically would return it back to the state it was before you "Released the ship" in the beginning. This way it is safely dry-docked and can either avoid or suffer greatly reduced damage while undergoing repairs. Now, the company has time to safely repair the ship without the risk of it sinking. This also would allow the company to go offline more soundly as the entire Shipyard would need to be destroyed and the dry-docked ship could not be stolen while you were offline.

Edited by vaylain

Agree with both. Being able to return a ship to the yard is surprising by its omission but having crew dedicated to repair of ALL structures on a ship exactly what happens IRL. Repairing the many planks, ladders, wall hooks and whatnot is fun from time to time but becomes tedious and not fun if you have to do a lot of it.

I would also like to have maintenance staff for my bases. I like to build from wood for aesthetic purposes but it gets mildly damaged because apparently animals are completely unafraid of the noise and bustle of a port town and scorpions like to to bite elephants that get stuck under your balcony. I wish I could task a guy to take care of these minor repairs.