Nelson Sandalwood

Hoping Linux won't be forgotten? Me too

One of the best ways to make sure they don't forget about us is the be heard, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Now the devs and very fond of Twitter, and are very active there, so let's keep prompting them.  Just remember to do it respectfully, don't be rude.  They are one our sidem  they want to help ups but they are very busy and keep getting pulled from one thing to another.  

So start here, with our friendly community champion Jatheish, he is a great guy, and very busy.  https://twitter.com/Jatheish

Then there are the lead devs, https://twitter.com/jeremystieglitz and  https://twitter.com/arkjesse 

Also the main account, but it will probably get lost i nthe noise https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas 

Please be gentle, no need to stoop to the level of the average internet user 🙂

• Like 2

I'd really like to know too if there are plans for a Linux/Mac build in the near future. Couldn't find anything about this in comments, interviews, on twitter, on this forum whatsoever.

'No there won't be a Linux/Mac client' is also an answer.  :O)

Edited by Shiva
  • Like 1

There are people who already run Atlas server on Linux through WINE. Even tho it's not the same as natively It's a temporary solution for those who dont have windows server and only Linux.

• Like 1

I installed Windblows on my server to run Atlas. That is a complete MESS! Atlas runs but I have to restart Windblows sometimes 3 times per day to keep everything running smooth! My Windblows server uptime is only measured in hours. My Linux server uptime was measured in months!

PLEASE give us a Linux server for Atlas! And WINE is NOT a Linux server version.

Edited by TruWrecks
  • Like 2

Due to its grid architecture Atlas dedicated server requires much more RAM than any other game server. Then it seems mandatory to run it natively : Atlas DS ran with Wine doesn't fît this requirement.

Our server is on Linux Debian 9 (ARK DS running on it)

In our case we must wait for the linux binaries... and the wait is long ! Especialy because devs don't answer to our questions about the progress. No ETA, not even a word... we are quite anxious !! Did they abandon the project ?

Edited by Selune
  • Like 1

well, by my bide i already got my refound after having almos1 hor on the lobby trying to get it to work..... sad, i has really exited about the game but if it wont work then i rather look for another game. hope theyll make linux server and wine compatibility possible soon. Cheers

3 minutes ago, viruleax said:

well, by my bide i already got my refound after having almos1 hor on the lobby trying to get it to work..... sad, i has really exited about the game but if it wont work then i rather look for another game. hope theyll make linux server and wine compatibility possible soon. Cheers

The game client works well, and the official servers are up though. And this game is awesome 🙂

About running the server on linux I heard some peoples make it work with WINE. It's not the best but it works...

Jat responded to me when I commented in his musing post last week, no ETA just mentioned that they're working through issues.

Still being worked on by our team, we have some technical issues we need to resolve; stability is the primary concern but it is on our priority list and hope to have it available as soon as possible. - Jatheish

• Thanks 1

The question is: will it run better on Linux then on Windows. The latest update have really reduced the CPU usage per grid.