MonkeyPhoto

Claimed lands (DEVS PLEASE ADDRESS THIS)

I know the start of this "Early Release game" was a rough one for many even if you are an experienced ARK player. But all of that aside once you get through the 5 or 6 rafts you lost to game attrition or server problems. You finally make it out of port and on your way. Only to sail for hours and hours and see nothing but red from the hordes of large companies and their land grabbing. The concept is cool, but PVE is not PVP and building more permanent homes is something of a must. That being said if you cant lay down roots what is the point of playing and sailing to yet another island only to find 656 Sloops and all red claims yet again!!!!!!!!!!!! Please fix this glaring issue.

• Like 4

They need to make it only one flag. Twelve hours sailing after 3 rafts no place to go. In start area noobs hit your raft over and over doing damage. 

Found an island only place to claim was far inland. No resources, put bed down ten minutes later level 212 alpha snake takes out foundations and bed. No way to spawn back start all over again. 

Ive played a lot of ea and 2700 hours in ark. This needs a lot of balance to the animals. It could be a great game in the future 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caps said:

They need to make it only one flag. Twelve hours sailing after 3 rafts no place to go. In start area noobs hit your raft over and over doing damage. 

Found an island only place to claim was far inland. No resources, put bed down ten minutes later level 212 alpha snake takes out foundations and bed. No way to spawn back start all over again. 

Ive played a lot of ea and 2700 hours in ark. This needs a lot of balance to the animals. It could be a great game in the future 

hey 😉 noob areas now are getting wrecked by 50+ level players with guns and crap 😛 you can't do nothing. 

3 minutes ago, DeadNightGenesis said:

hey 😉 noob areas now are getting wrecked by 50+ level players with guns and crap 😛 you can't do nothing. 

Great news Bad enough that some deliberately crash into your raft or block the exit out. 

Having 12 game servers eight ark and a full cluster. Tried to get a server going but my provider claims they cannot get the files.

There is no way to afford the entire map, but hopefully they will allow other providers then just the one that’s seems to be allowed currently 

7 minutes ago, Caps said:

I have around the same at ARK as well just on xbox PC I have a ton logged as well. I am about to start making some elephants very pissed and wreck some bases much like I had to do in ARK to get any space. The lessons should be very clear to them after all the heart ache and pain in the PVE servers of ARK. Perhaps we could build a sign and place it on islands "hey devs Duh"!

So I want to know on the NA PVE server how a sloop can be destroyed by a player who has land blocked the whole island? went on the get some resources only to have our ship destroyed.. can these players be reported? Also when will land claims be limited?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sweet_Thing said:

So I want to know on the NA PVE server how a sloop can be destroyed by a player who has land blocked the whole island? went on the get some resources only to have our ship destroyed.. can these players be reported? Also when will land claims be limited?

They can just keep ramming you with a raft and repairing the raft

19 minutes ago, Sweet_Thing said:

On the next episode of Hoarders on Lifetime Tv, we meet Billy a virtual Land hoarder in the game atlas. Billy goes into fits of rage chasing others from his life by sinking their ships. Don't be like Billy. 

Well my question now is this after reading the patch notes. 

v6.5

Can no longer claim unallied boats on PVE servers. PVE Territory can only be claimed if the owner has not been active around the territory within the last 3 days.

So is this a pretty much big screw you to all the people who couldn't log in due to being stuck in the freeport zone day 2 and 3 after release? Because I spent 15 hours looking and seen very large islands taken over by a single clan of Chinese players. From my understanding if someone is in the zone the claim will not be contested.

• Like 1

Or like the guys on hear mad because they claimed an entire island, mad that others want to challenge him.

ran into a solo he built his boat moved on sailing. He was mad his solo owned Island was challenged. His statement in chat I own two entire islands and someday want to return and build a base it’s my island. Some real nice guys out there. They wonder why so many are mad at the claim system 

Yeah I got the game cause I thought it was gonna be this fantastical PVE experience of going to other peoples islands and visiting their player built towns. trading etc. Turns out PVE is PVP. I was really excited when I seen the claim flag thinking wow they finally did it. No more foundation or pillaring. I was sooooo wrong.

• Like 1

I have three suggestions, what do you think?

first idea you can do a claim limit per person/id because you need more space for larger companies...

second solution could be to let you claim like 3 or 4 times and let you build all over the island you claimed a bit of land. so that other person have chance to build on it too.

third one is in my opinion to give the map a few more smaller islands. you travel for hours between the landmasses. so a few more islands won't matter...

In fact the devs have to do something about it...

So to make this issue even more addressed. I have sailed East to West in a sloop with my crew in order to find land. In our search, we have been most unfortunate simply due to small clans and single players claiming more land than they need. if you approach them they show zero interest and won't pull up the land. As we need supplies we can't even dock our ships to simply get resources. I've seen claims from one person counting up to as 24 flags. I'm sorry but he doesn't need that. Please, can you address this urgently. This is killing your game. If I can't explore I can't progress, if I can't progress I'll lose interest.  Many people are leaving due to this. You promised us a world which we can explore, fight, be pirates instead you have given us a sandbox filled with claims. 40k player servers please you can barely provide for even 5k players due to this issue. Also the still resources aren't respawning in claims meaning progress isn't happening.  My suggestion is this each player is allowed up to 1 claim each. Each clan is allowed to have up to no more than 5 claims in total in different zones. Provide a maintenance fee to these claims. If you're inactive for more than 3 days expect your flag to disappear.  We shouldn't have to contest on a PVE server. And please fix resources as claims shouldn't be allowed to affect them unless a building is over them. Do it like ark. be your own uniqueness. You have so much potential don't ruin it so early on by not fixing the fundamentals of what you wish to make.

• Like 1

Well said Hopefully they make it so otherwise, most will quit playing 

7 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

They can just keep ramming you with a raft and repairing the raft

we figured out tonight the all jumped on the ship while we was on the island and sank it from weight.... hopefully that gets fixed too

1. Need more islands.  Someone else in this thread mentioned it and I agree, there needs to be more land.  You sail for awhile only to see 1 or 2 islands and those islands are red only to sail for awhile again to see more red and the trend continues.  Red, red and more red. 

2. LIMIT Flags.  No idea what number but DEFINITELY needs to be restricted.  1 per person?  

I think there's enough threads on this forum that all scream the same thing and I certainly hope it gets addressed rather quickly to control the hemorrhaging