Sign in to follow this  
fiz

small company - small Island, big company big Island

Hi,

there is one problem for single players: the Island points.

I would really like to have my "own" Island, but it is not possible, since all the cheap Islands are claimed by big Companies.

Could it be a solution, that the Island Points are bound to the number of Members of a company? 

For example an 15 Point Island can only be claimed/owned by a Company, which has less than 10 Members. If the Company grows, they have to find a bigger Island, with more Points and have to claim this one for further growth. So it would be possible for new, small companies to claim the little island.

And one Island should be enough for each Company. The big comanies own half the map, while small companies and single players have no chance to claim the few high-pointed-Islands that are left.

I'm sorry to be that guy but there is no way with something like 150 squares with settlement islands multiplied by 5 islands per square (750 islands) that you can expect to have your own island on the official servers

You are spot on that it's too easy for big companies to have more islands but bigger islands should cost more

One good solutions could be an increase in upkeep cost for how many island points a company is using (you have 2 islands, the upkeep cost is +50% on both, 3 islands is double cost for all 3)

This would not be too overbearing for any company but would incentivize companies not to overreach just because they can

6 hours ago, Leapdave said:

One good solutions could be an increase in upkeep cost for how many island points a company is using (you have 2 islands, the upkeep cost is +50% on both, 3 islands is double cost for all 3)

This would not be too overbearing for any company but would incentivize companies not to overreach just because they can

I am afraid that will not change a single thing: even if the total ammount a day would be 10'000 gold or more - that's no problem at all for a big/mega-company. They have people that do nothing else than farm gold a day long. People allready had enough gold for a drake on day 2.

The original suggestion about size of company matching the size of island possible to claim is intresting though.

10 hours ago, Sinappia said:

I am afraid that will not change a single thing: even if the total ammount a day would be 10'000 gold or more - that's no problem at all for a big/mega-company

We should not be trying to prevent ways of playing, just incentivizing. The only way to stop huge companies is to lower the limit on company size

The point isn't that they wouldn't be able to afford it but they would be *less* likely to expand more than they need to if costs keep rising. 10k gold per day would be annoying as hell for any size company

There is no way a solo player can expect to own an island in a game this size on the official servers unless they pick a very unfavorable one and work hard at it. Small groups however can own islands and incentives on big companies can help keep it that way