Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Dangerous territory 90%

2 minutes ago, prodesu said:

Guys you need to chill until the patch is done. I'm one of many waiting for the patch to come out before I return to the game. The second this patch was announced I stopped playing in wait for the patch. Play some other games while waiting, you'll be fine. Alot of people will return for the patch, some won't, some new people will come. We will see how the game performs after the patch, that will in large determine how it will be going forward. It's not strange for the game to take a huge dip while waiting for the big patch to come.

You are right. Some will come back, but not a lot. Sure, there will always be the ark players that think, hey I can be alpha this time. Sure enough it never works out lol. This numbers will drop fast each company wipe that takes place.

as far as new players? Nope. No advertising whatsoever. Don’t expect an influx of new players.

other than that there will be the players waiting for the wipe like you are as well. Some will like it and stay, so won’t and leave. If I were you I wouldn’t be expecting this grand abundance of people.

this isn’t ark after all. Lol as some people say at least. The one reason I agree with people that this game is definitely not ark is because of the numbers lol. That is the only thing that differs atlas from ark.

this will not be the triumphant story of an indie company that sold 12 plus copies. This is the story of that same company trying to do it a second time and then it didn’t work. 

The original atlas launch was a catastrophic bungle of a failure to the point where someone at steam manually removed atlas from the top sellers list because it was getting refunded too many times.

The re-launch couldn't possibly be worse than that, right? So far it is.

• Like 1

I remember in Ark they had something like OpenGL support to be added in next patch.. and it stayed pretty much like that for 2-3 yrs.  I have no idea if it even eventually got added to the game.  But because devs update their own ideas for a game their developing, doesn't mean it's a negative for the game.  Realist keeps saying stuff like "they changed their minds" "they can't even do this or that" very negative attitude for something that everyone does almost hourly, everyday of their lives.  I don't see what the big issue is to be honest, they've announced an intention to change the primary game design, they're gonna turn eu pve into a test realm to finalise some stuff they're working on, there's going to be a couple of different pvp designs being put in, with dedicated servers, to help them gather data on who uses the 2 systems, how often they play and how many actually play etc.. totally intelligent processes to go through in development.

Then on top of this, they announced that due to the over the top level of exploiting, cheating and several design issues, they're going to be doing a wipe.  This is not unexpected. Nor against alot of peoples' wishes.  Indeed a couple of days after the release of the game people were already demanding wipes.. and then a couple of weeks later, when noone could find land to build on, again, demanding wipes, then after they added sotd and they damn things wipe out like 99% of all shipyards and ships.. when you couldn't even stand near a shoreline without getting shot at by an ai that didn't miss and aggro'd seemingly from half way across the map, there were mass demands for wipes and restarts.. when people were using the weight exploits to destroy the shipyards.. again demand for wipes.

Now an announcement is made to wipe the servers.. people are demanding NO WIPES!!  Like seriously..

Whilst a wipe is obviously disappointing, given the pretty big changes in design, the fact that the pvp game styles are going to be in 3 sets + a pve one on top. As I understand it, 50 player companies, 200 player and no limit plus a sort of storyline/mission based pve system.  That's my take on it.  I could be misreading, but it seems the new systems require a wipe to be setup.. so complaining about a wipe is a moot point.

As for people leaving.. well, if the servers are being wiped in a few weeks to a month.. why stay in a game where you gather and store resources.. if it's all going to be deleted.  Also the pve servers are all pvp right now.. again, if you're aren't into pvp.. why stay.  So obviously people left.  In droves.  And people were leaving before due to various reasons.  Exploits, cheats, hackers, thieves, pirates.. the usual.  Plus boredom.. it is an ea afterall, so a lack of content is expected.  People leave games, sometimes they even return.

But after it's all said n done, people might come back, they might not, new players may join or may not.. until the wipe actually happens and everything is in place it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks of the intentions or changes.  As noone actually knows what will happen. 

The only thing all these against posts above indicate is that there's a few people who have a very negative outlook on life.. and we all knew that before the game was even released.

Edited by Martyn