Sign in to follow this  
Isak Ashenfell

Cooking is useless

There is no point to going through the effort of gathering all the ingredients for cooking if youre just going to be hungry again in 15 minutes,or you can just respawn with no penalties.This needs to be looked at

Just now, Varien101 said:

I'd be more interested in where you find water to cook with lmao.  Living in the desert is rough =(

Not just deserts.  Can only fill waterskins from standing fresh water, which I've only found in the freeports so far and I'm pretty sure I've been to every one of the dozen or so cookie-cutter islands at this point.  Specced cooking originally but respecced it later because the only way I found to actually cook was to set up JimBob's Snack Raft in a Freeport and carry waterskins over manually, which is a non-starter because most of the plants needed for recipes don't spawn in them, so we're right back where you started.  Way too much effort for no real benefit when you can just eat berries for a while and just respawn when your vitamins get deficient.

2 hours ago, Isak Ashenfell said:

There is no point to going through the effort of gathering all the ingredients for cooking if youre just going to be hungry again in 15 minutes,or you can just respawn with no penalties.This needs to be looked at

You aren't actually scratching the system very deeply.

The integration of this with farming is pretty deep. And the farmers will need to trade with explorers for the seeds they gather around the world. There is a whole economy that can't really function until companies build bases for such trade to safely occur.