Atlasprime

Questions - In Game Map + Adding Islands

Hey Folks,

Does anyone have info on either of the following?

1. How do I get the in game map working?

2. Will adding islands to an existing grid cause any issues? 

Thanks!

#2 - I own a Nitrado Server, just one and recently downloaded the map editor and threw about 13 more island in the map space. I didn't see any issues. We had about 7 people on at the time and no one was having problems.

The Server Grid Editor also lets you export images of the map. These map images will determine the graphics shown in the spawn selection screen and on other in-game maps.

There are two types of images: “Cell” images, one for each server in the grid, and one big image that contains the whole map. The cell images need to be named “CellImg_0-0.jpg” (replacing the 0-0 with the respective coordinates in the grid), and the main image needs to be named MapImg.jpg. Both image types can be exported from the server grid editor.

Put them in the SERVERPATH\Shootergame\ServerGrid folder. Also make sure the MapImageURL & MetaWorldURL fields are empty in your ServerGrid.json file, if you used one of the existing projects.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pointy said:

The Server Grid Editor also lets you export images of the map. These map images will determine the graphics shown in the spawn selection screen and on other in-game maps.

There are two types of images: “Cell” images, one for each server in the grid, and one big image that contains the whole map. The cell images need to be named “CellImg_0-0.jpg” (replacing the 0-0 with the respective coordinates in the grid), and the main image needs to be named MapImg.jpg. Both image types can be exported from the server grid editor. 

Put them in the SERVERPATH\Shootergame\ServerGrid folder. Also make sure the MapImageURL & MetaWorldURL fields are empty in your ServerGrid.json file, if you used one of the existing projects.

I tried this but i didnt work for me i tried .png and .jpg also added the Slippy Export but nothing is working for me someone has any idea how to fix it

Unbenannt.PNG

I was able to add ingame map just on client side by adding WorldMapImage.jpg on client folder steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache\<IDserver>

But I am not able to force server use map files and push it to clients.

Also, ServerGridEditor has some bug for me, that if you delete MapImageURL, it will stay there and you get config still with url. You must delete url from previous configs manually.

1 hour ago, PapaDealt said:

where do you place the map if you found one you want to add?? 

4 minutes ago, Disko187 said:

Where did you find one? Is it a pre-configured map?

I was just explaining how to solve problem with not visible ingame map playing on dedicated server (after you press M ingame, call map and compass, but you do not see islands).  There was nothing about additional maps. Configuring dedicated server is in another topic.

As a alternative to see ingame maps from dedicated server, it is possible to modify ServerGrid.json:

"MetaWorldURL": "http://IPaddress/ServerGrid",

and put images generated by ServerGridEditor to any other web server to wwwroot/ServerGrid/

It should be images named:

CellImg_0-0.jpg
CellImg_0-1.jpg
CellImg_1-0.jpg
CellImg_1-1.jpg
MapImg.jpg

Just take in mind, that even if you unmark in ServerGridEditor "export PNGS" it will export cell maps as .png, but it just needs to rename to .jpg

Edited by ferdis