Sign in to follow this  
KoopaTheTurtle

Claiming already claimed lands

So me and a group of people are in the same company and we are on NA PvP

We found a "nice" place to live and started building. One thing we noticed is that there are a lot of claimed areas on this island but no sleepers or bases just one Small Boatyard with a boat building in it. I put down a claim flag beside an enemy one it says says Contested 9:59 and doesn't move. We assumed there were sleepers around the place. We went around the island and found a base. We opened it up (using shovels kek) and killed the sleepers in there. We carried on running around and found 2 more sleepers and killed them. We hear no snoring now and have ran around the while island with all the flags being contested that we place (sword above flag)

Its a cool system for claiming but I think we need to have the Rust mechanic of upkeep for contesting. Along the way to where we are living we found many islands claimed by one group (there was 2 full sized islands claimed by one group) so its kinda meh

Timer isnt moving the flag just has the wind animation (isnt moving up)
Also our island seems to have a lot of, what we call, Ghost rocks - Rocks that have Resources (you can press H to see them) but nothing happens to it when you smack it with a pic or hatchet

Edited by KoopaTheTurtle

Naah its working as intended you dont look at the flag you put down but on the flag you are contesting. they will have a timer going down

Just now, MrSorry said:

Naah its working as intended you dont look at the flag you put down but on the flag you are contesting. they will have a timer going down

But if it has been over 10 mins they should have territory control...

not if you are contesting it against another flag, if its a free area you will cap the area in 10 mins.

1 minute ago, MrSorry said:

No it the flags that are contested (has the swords on the top of the flag) thats the problem cause there are no sleepers around so it cant be contested but is

1 minute ago, KoopaTheTurtle said:

No it the flags that are contested (has the swords on the top of the flag) thats the problem cause there are no sleepers around so it cant be contested but is

I've heard that it doesn't have to be the company in area to stop contesting, that a random bob running by could reset it... not sure if true though.

If his flag is hitting another flags territory you are contesting that flag, and that flag will get a timer of 1 hour and 30 mins i belive when that counts down it will disappear and his flag of 10 mins will start counting down, thats how it work. if an enemy faction enter the area at that time it will pause untill they leave the area again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrSorry said:

If his flag is hitting another flags territory you are contesting that flag, and that flag will get a timer of 1 hour and 30 mins i belive when that counts down it will disappear and his flag of 10 mins will start counting down, thats how it work. if an enemy faction enter the area at that time it will pause untill they leave the area again.

Very good to know!

There are no sleepers within either of these flags zones but its contested and nothing is happening to the enemy flag

AtlasGame_2018-12-26_11-11-00.jpg

AtlasGame_2018-12-26_11-10-47.jpg

AtlasGame_2018-12-26_11-09-19.jpg

3 minutes ago, MrSorry said:

if an enemy faction enter the area at that time it will pause untill they leave the area again.

This is the problem..... there is no one but my crew on this island... no sleepers, no moving people etc

2 minutes ago, KoopaTheTurtle said:

This is the problem..... there is no one but my crew on this island... no sleepers, no moving people etc

That looks weird, and you have 100% cleared the area of your flag? looks like you are in the area of multiple flags make sure all of them are clear. are you all in the same crew too? Alliance members can mess with the capture sometime ive noticed. maybe try with only you in the area.

maybe you are capturing another flag! check the other ones nearby

Yes everyone is in the same crew, there are multiple flags around the area that just overlap we have flags basically everywhere but it doesn't do anything

2 minutes ago, KoopaTheTurtle said:

Yes everyone is in the same crew, there are multiple flags around the area that just overlap we have flags basically everywhere but it doesn't do anything

Then its either bugged or we are missing something.

Found the problem about an hour after this thread. I found a sleeper who was hidden in a cliff (most likely how he fell when he logged) and i just saw his feet poking out.