Sign in to follow this  
gumbyc

Why Not This

I believe everyone wants land they can call their own. They don’t want someone else to be able to destroy any of it and don’t want ruthless players to be GM’s. If there are no land owners and settlements, there is no need for taxes. Everyone will be tax free so their hard work doesn’t go to someone else, or even the common good.  If there are those who want to be in a community let’s make  one or two of each lawless section a community build area where there can be smaller claim areas, which can be turned into towns, and have elected town leaders.

All claimed area will be square. Not round. This will prevent overlap to protect and useless circular build areas.

When you join the game for the first time you get one claim flag to use where you want (except lawless). Part of your claimed area must be on land. Your claimed area can overlap with someone else earlier claim however the part that overlaps is not usable by you. You can un-claim the land and receive another claim flag to be used somewhere else, when you do that, all structures in that claim area becomes harvested and that area can be re-claimed by someone else. You will have a resource box on the claimed lands which upon lack of use the structures will start to decay. You cannot build on someone else’s claim and in PVP the only time you can attack or raid that area is when that player is anywhere in game. After a predetermined time limit not in game all structures including boats owned will decay rapidly.

If someone wants to expand their claim they can purchase additional claims at a Freeport vendor, for say 10,000 gold each. The overlapping rules still apply to the purchased claims.

Players can have alliances. If that alliance wants to unite together in a new area, all the individual claims will go to the alliance and the claims previously owned by those players will be un-claimed. The new alliance, if by 10 players, 10 claim, the alliance can temporarily claim 10 adjacent areas (if available) in a new location. This allows for sharing of resources.

To prevent Griefing like TANCHYON experienced recently, I would extend the reach of anchoring to any 1st blue area around an island for galleon and brigs. This would allow boats to anchor beyond the areas that structures can be built from the bottom up.

I think you got the wrong forum there GUMBYC this is the PVP forum. Us PVP players like killing other players, slaughtering their tames, stealing their land and raiding their bases.

10 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

I think you got the wrong forum there GUMBYC this is the PVP forum.

Thanks Man, I'll repost in on PVE..Thats what happens when your trying to rush...Sorry guys