Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

Could all this have been avoided?

On 3/20/2019 at 4:18 PM, microphobe said:

There are two markets, the market in the free port and the market on an island.

Free port markets are for people who don't want randoms coming ashore/sailing into their harbour and walking around their town because of aggressive defences and/or don't want the risk of losing their shop in a pvp attack, they will be juicy targets filled with gold and resources.

Island markets can be placed anywhere on the island for people to walk up to and purchase things.

Both types need to be stocked by the player meaning that someone will actually have to move the resources over to them and collect the gold from them at some point making the free ports useful because they cannot be destroyed, but also likely to be pvp hotspots in the surrounding tiles as most ships going in and out will be carrying booty.

They said there would be a pvp timer for dropping anchor in your safe harbour so that you couldn't just run away from pvp. I would provide a source but it's in the first video I think and I cbf watching that again.

Nah, pretty sure it will be like the wow auction house, which it should be. Won’t even have to risk sailing with your stuff. All automated and delivered.

nobody is going to bother sailing back and forth.

transactions need to be instant with no travel involved. Which they will be because if you still had to travel there would be no point in the markets to begin with

On 3/20/2019 at 4:30 AM, Back Stabbath said:

Omg factions? really? Horrible ideas imo..

When the game heads in that direction its really in big trouble .

Also player markets remove ship travel, which removes ships on the seas . Which removes pvp. And this is good how?

What is the point of being a Pirate again? how do you pirate if you cant actually pirate because the merchandise is magically teleported through the air? Or am I missing something?

Whats happening to the game now?  WOW

smaller MAP??

wtf are guys on about?

Pretty sure Realist is trollin yall btw.

Nope, not trolling. I am almost 100% sure transactions will be done without any travel needed. 

I mean really why go through the trouble of making this system when you still have to travel all over.

trade companies are the old mail system and player markets are going to be email. Really don’t need player interaction I just want what I bought and fast. Gotta love amazon prime