DFault

When traveling to another Grid my Players are forced to Make a New Character?

So as title states players in my server when travelling to a new Region are forced to make a new Character any reason why this is happening ?

By any chance, did you forget to put

?AltSaveDirectoryName=SERVERNAME

in your command lines?

im not sure

mine are linked from Nitrado so idk how to go about doing that I found the bat and just copy and pasted what he said into there 

**update added ?AltSaveDirectoryName=SERVERNAME in the server.bat and nothing has changed**

1 hour ago, Fervid said:

By any chance, did you forget to put

?AltSaveDirectoryName=SERVERNAME

in your command lines?

You should use a different directory for each grid.

For example...

ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=Grid00?QueryPort=27130?Port=27132 -log -server
ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Grid01?QueryPort=27136?Port=27138 -log -server

If you're asked to create a new character when you cross to a new grid, you need to check that the redis database is configured and running correctly.

• Confused 1

wich file is the redis databes and how it should be configured?

1 hour ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

You should use a different directory for each grid.

For example...

ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=Grid00?QueryPort=27130?Port=27132 -log -server
ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Grid01?QueryPort=27136?Port=27138 -log -server

If you're asked to create a new character when you cross to a new grid, you need to check that the redis database is configured and running correctly.

im not sure as I have a nitrado server where to put these in the cfg they make it sound like I just link it and away I go 

I had same problem. Reason for me was, that I used internal LAN IP addresses of servers in cmd to run server. As soon as I put public IP address (same for four servers) and configured NAT port redirection for individual servers (each on different port), transfer between servers started to work.

start /high F:\Atlas\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=xxx?MaxPlayers=5?ReservedPlayerSlots=1?QueryPort=57555?Port=5755?SeamlessIP=<publicIP> -NoBattlEye -log -server

and for other 3 just different ports, ServerX, ServerY and ServerDirectoryName in command lines.

Edited by ferdis