Sign in to follow this  
Sparti

Why are the just 4 Main atlas servers overall? We need more !

Why are the just 4 Main atlas servers?

I would like to have a simple answer from the devs or the mods or anyone that can actually answer that question properly (meaning not telling my it is all about the money).

If you break it down you have 2 for each reagion split into 1 for each game mode. Then half the server (at least in eu pvp) is starter area (40+ shards).

In my opinion that is just not enough at least for pvp. So lets talk about that considering mainly the pvp server (i have no overview how the situation is on pve as i'm "playing" at eu pvp")

The size of the map even just with 12 shards as starter areas  does simply not support the current playerbase.

Furthermore adding more main servers would decrease the server load for each shard/main server, as well as the stress on the network infastructure,

So why are there still only 4 main servers and are more on the way?

well either they need more servers or they need a MUCH larger map with a LOT more islands on it (think EVE size map)

because 150 ppl on the few islands in there? that leaves 1 grp per island and the rest are SOL

Edited by Littlebits

1 hour ago, Sparti said:

Why are the just 4 Main atlas servers?

I would like to have a simple answer from the devs or the mods or anyone that can actually answer that question properly (meaning not telling my it is all about the money).

If you break it down you have 2 for each reagion split into 1 for each game mode. Then half the server (at least in eu pvp) is starter area (40+ shards).

In my opinion that is just not enough at least for pvp. So lets talk about that considering mainly the pvp server (i have no overview how the situation is on pve as i'm "playing" at eu pvp")

The size of the map even just with 12 shards as starter areas  does simply not support the current playerbase.

Furthermore adding more main servers would decrease the server load for each shard/main server, as well as the stress on the network infastructure,

So why are there still only 4 main servers and are more on the way?

always slots to join when i want to play.theres many slots in the zones spare.my only issue is i can't log in due to a bug,but when theres no bug i've never struggled due to servers being capped.not seen servers capped yet.