Sign in to follow this  
Eve BlackVeil

New incoming island "redesign"?

We know the Tundra areas are being visually changed and more islands are being added but some info I  wanted seemed confusing in the recent stream. I want to know if the current island map design is staying with the addition of islands per server. Or is it a total map redesign?

Most likely (if I understand the question correctly), the current layout will remain (except for the eastern tundra) with the same island positions and with an added 1-2 more islands.

Yeah you understand my question. That is what I was wondering. If it's gonna be the same islands we are already familiar with, besides the new ones of course. Ty for your reply!

Instead of making another post, maybe someone could clarify something else for me. The whole War Time thing - That is referring to PVP? PVE doesn't have the "settlement" type living? There is no flags any longer in PVE? I was seriously confused.

It is possible for them to not have to wipe because of the map change if all they are doing was adding another island or two to each grid.  But to change tundra they need to change the island template, and they likely did not restrict themselves to cosmetic only changes.   The regional map always has had eastern/central tundra but they just did not have it ready at release so they copy pasted western tundra.   

Even eastern tundra that uses the same outlines requires at least a soft map wipe like ark did at biome changes (risk of losing base in those grids to new rocks).   The real reason for the map wipe is the changes to claiming systems.   But if they are wiping anyways that gives them the freedom to rearrange islands within the grid, rather than just copy paste in a new island.   But that can be a lot of work to redo all the discovery zones and points that got moved, so I doubt they will do that.

Best to look at it as they are finishing the map rather than it being a new map.   Less copy paste in tundra with more copy paste elsewhere.

Edited by krazmuze