Sign in to follow this  
UDO

invalid server

got server up and running sort of , server shows as running both in game and in steam , but instead of the title of my server it shows invalid server when i try to connect it asks for password then the server crashes , all the server grids are showing up fine just with invalid server as name ?

i create the map , making sure all ip / ports / name etc etc are all correct , export all , load on to server yet the map shows up in server list but as invalid server as the name of it, try to connect server crashes ... yet other maps that i've downloaded changing the ip and ports works fine , i've even copied the setting to the same result invalid server ?what causes this for some maps and not others

3 hours ago, UDO said:

i create the map , making sure all ip / ports / name etc etc are all correct , export all , load on to server yet the map shows up in server list but as invalid server as the name of it, try to connect server crashes ... yet other maps that i've downloaded changing the ip and ports works fine , i've even copied the setting to the same result invalid server ?what causes this for some maps and not others

What happens when you set a generic server name like "Testing123", if it launches with that then it must not be liking a character in your server name. Also not that it should generate that error, but make sure your unique ID is random so that it doesn't conflict with an existing cluster.

4 hours ago, Shadowsong said:

What happens when you set a generic server name like "Testing123", if it launches with that then it must not be liking a character in your server name. Also not that it should generate that error, but make sure your unique ID is random so that it doesn't conflict with an existing cluster.

thanks will try changing the id and name ,