Sign in to follow this  
Beast_NA

Dissatisfied Path

Changes implemented have not been thoroughly thought through, pillars under anchored ships, to mortars placement trolls and griefers, to entire game redesign.  The game has completely changed.  Either their patch comes out with a miracle of a perfect combination of game mechanics and publicity, or I find another game that I can to search for the perfect combination.  But cause of their history I am not holding much hope of success.  It baffles me why they couldn't have an auto turret of ark in atlas...

Why would they change all claim flags around to make a pvp server a pve...

Edited by Beast_NA
grammer

27 minutes ago, Beast_NA said:

Why would they change all claim flags around to make a pvp server a pve...

Easy, they didnt. You must have missread something.

There are 9 hours each day you can attack a settlement. No limts on anything else.

If that 9 hour window is insufficient, you may declare a war with a token. Thus choosing your own schedule.

You can attack anyone elses structures on your island at anytime.

There will be a curb, not a stop, to offline raiding. If your preferred method of PvP is to raid someone offline, you might not like these changes. However im sure you would agree that its still very much a PvP server. 

Im sure you would rather fight against people who can fight back. Now we have a 9 hour window where we can both plan around to be on to PvP each other. 

23 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Easy, they didnt. You must have missread something.

There are 9 hours each day you can attack a settlement. No limts on anything else.

If that 9 hour window is insufficient, you may declare a war with a token. Thus choosing your own schedule.

You can attack anyone elses structures on your island at anytime.

There will be a curb, not a stop, to offline raiding. If your preferred method of PvP is to raid someone offline, you might not like these changes. However im sure you would agree that its still very much a PvP server. 

Im sure you would rather fight against people who can fight back. Now we have a 9 hour window where we can both plan around to be on to PvP each other. 

It’s not confirmed it is 9 hours per day. Let’s hope not otherwise it’s still shit for small groups. 

19 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It’s not confirmed it is 9 hours per day. Let’s hope not otherwise it’s still shit for small groups. 

I don't see it being much less than 9 hours.. that actually seems like a small window for PvP in a persistent world populated by a 24 hour international community. 

Small groups need to negotiate with and live under the protection of island owners. 

3 minutes ago, MisterMyztik said:

I don't see it being much less than 9 hours.. that actually seems like a small window for PvP in a persistent world populated by a 24 hour international community. 

Small groups need to negotiate with and live under the protection of island owners. 

I’d like to see it determined by company size or island level. A huge island with lots of structures on it should have a 12 hour raid timer and a small island maybe 4. Island owners are gods on the island if the changes stay the way they are. They will be patched and balanced, but until then we will be seeing a lot of trouble regarding settlement owners and people living on the island. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Island owners are gods on the island if the changes stay the way they are. They will be patched and balanced, but until then we will be seeing a lot of trouble regarding settlement owners and people living on the island. 

They made it quite clear that this was the intent, that the island governors should be in full control of the island but if they are not working to encourage an active population of multiple smaller companies living together on the island with them then the island owners should be in a continual grind to simply supply the upkeep. 

They gave a lot of oxygen to this mechanic in the VOD, I'd encourage you (everyone) to review it.

TL;DR version - Increased Variety of inhabitants (# of different companies) = Decreased upkeep requirements

1 minute ago, MisterMyztik said:

They made it quite clear that this was the intent, that the island governors should be in full control of the island but if they are not working to encourage an active population of multiple smaller companies living together on the island with them then the island owners should be in a continual grind to simply supply the upkeep. 

They gave a lot of oxygen to this mechanic in the VOD, I'd encourage you (everyone) to review it.

TL;DR version - Increased Variety of inhabitants (# of different companies) = Decreased upkeep requirements

Sure it does. But what about this, I was in a large company. If the company divides into groups of 5, meaning you have 50 groups of 5, they all take 1 island, maybe even 2. When there are no raid times, they delete anything and everything on the island. During raid or war hours, those 250 people I’m align with, (even if it’s only 50) will just go about helping each other. 

I’m not saying it will happen, I’m saying it is possible. So the upkeep needs to be very significant to get what I said out of the way. 

42 minutes ago, Percieval said:

At most they would divide into 8 companies, because of the hassle of NPCs firing at anyone not in the same alliance, and so, they own 16 islands, so what? There will be ~1000 islands in the game when the patch hits, one company, that btw cant have ANY other allies as far as the ingame system works, owning 16 islands, I think im okay with that actually. Compared to the hassle they have to go through, its really insignificant.

2 hours ago, Beast_NA said:

or I find another game that I can to search for the perfect combination

Apparently this will never live up to your your expectation of perfection. Its EA bonehead. They are fixing what they can, but apparently not fast enough for you.

Since you are posting on General Discussion and not Suggestions thread means you are not helping anyhoo...