Is there a workaround for to direct connect from inside the lan? I have read that many have this issue. My ISP all in wonder (CenturyLink Modem Ā Actiontec C2000A ) Does not allow loopback. I do have NAT enabled. I have not traced it but from my feeling, i think its not Atlas but Steam issue and registering the server. I assume Steam, + Atlas wants to keep stats on anyone playing the game. With the required amount of RAM to run this 2X2 that to many VPS ( for my personal Gaming budget ) I have enough local but then my buddy can play and i can't šŸ˜•

Ā 

Maybe someone has a server farm that needs some help setting it up ? we can trade services šŸ™‚

I'm not sure what you have tried, but I run a 2x1 on my LAN accessed by our group using its public address. To play locally with them I need to do NAT on my LAN interface to redirect the public IP to the local server IP for all game ports, and I need to add each tileĀ server as a favorite in Steam using the public address (View > Servers), otherwise changing grids does not work.

More technically, I use a pfsense firewall with NAT port forward rules on my LAN interface for TCP and UDPĀ Ā portsĀ 5700-5701, 57000-57001 and 28000-28001 (as set up in my servers) from the public IP (SeamlessIP) to the local IP.

HTH

Ā 

Edited by Andargor