Sign in to follow this  
LoneXS

March big patch feedback

So this is likely to be thread 9964+ on the back end of last nights stream but I am truly at a loss. The outrage that came across in the stream chat and the blissful ignorance shown by Jat, a hipster and someones grand dad. You do have to wonder if they are intentionally trying to kill their game.

My take / feedback -

Wipe: I don't like it but I get it, character wipe seems a little excessive but I assume they have a good reason for it. To state that it will be done at some stage this month is just stupid on so many levels, I mean seriously what is the point in playing atm. Oh right we get an ugly looking hat. If you plan to wipe then just do it in the next few days tops, to delay it and expect people to want to continue playing during that period is ridiculous.

Underwater Trench + Sub: Why? I mean seriously just why? Its a bloody pirate game, at no stage do I remember anyone asking for a Sub or the ability to visit some poor mans Atlantis. Its been stated so many times but I need reiterate just in case it was missed during the last brain storming session over at Grapeshot - FIX STUFF FIRST then add more content.

New claim system: I remember saying that you would break it before you fix it in another thread but wow you really went above and beyond to screw this up. I could scream and rant at how bad this entire cluster f**k of and idea is but that would be pointless. All you had to do was remove sea claims and limit land claims but no that would be to simple right? Instead you're gonna over complicate PVP and take a giant crap on PVE. Claim flags have been one of the few good things in this game, the biggest downside being they were not limited but instead were heading to Ark 2.0 with foundation / pillar spam on 60%+ of land. And I'm saying 60% because you're gonna lose a lot off your dwindling player base with these changes.

Guillotine + Cosmetics: Pointless and a gimmick at best. Side note wtf is up with the cosmetics, outside of the peg leg and hook I want to look like a bloody pirate. The skins your all excited about look stupid.

Edited by LoneXS
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I agree, the submarine seems out of place,  locking content behind the Kraken is rediculous.  Tek element grind was the worst part of Ark.  now its coming to Atlas.  

I like the claim island idea, and I can see how it does not work in PvE.     But making an entire PvE map lawless seems boring,  it seems like an afterthought.   

As for wipe, I expected a wipe sooner or later.  I fully expect more in future.  Just post release there better not be any, just release new maps if they want a change.

Even in the demo, it showed how stupid the guillotine was.

There are lots of good things coming.  One of the things broken is lack of content.  But it should be content in theme.   More animals for example polar should have polar bears bigger and stronger but lousy gatherers, temperate should have black bears that are smaller lousy fighters but are great gatherers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, José Gaspar said:

There are lots of good things coming.  One of the things broken is lack of content.  But it should be content in theme.   More animals for example polar should have polar bears bigger and stronger but lousy gatherers, temperate should have black bears that are smaller lousy fighters but are great gatherers.

I agree 100%, that sort of content I can get behind. Quick, easy and adds a lot more variety without breaking the game. I'd love to tame a polar bear or get a dire wolf but instead I have to kill the Kraken to get a sub so I can tame a Crab or get another type of resource because 5 - 6 wasn't enough.