Sign in to follow this  
mrcrash

Rendering issues Monstrous Whale

We just started whale hunting and in two different  zones it seems like the rendered whale is not where it really is. I nearly lost my boat twice 😞

any advice on work around ? ( Client / server issue )

another time i was not even hunting them i was dodging them and SoD and got stuck on one. I assume that what it is anyway i was taken damage but nothing was there.

And i say nothing , my shipmate   jump off and was looking under the boat and seen nothing 

I have to reduce sails to 0 and back / turn to spin the ship and then go another direction. 

Same problem, the whale was like 2 galleons far away from my schooner, and this happened (my ship got stuck and when I was trying to move backwards 15 seconds later it was sunk):

unknown.png

yup, is this a new thing?  i did not look really hard but i did not see any reported issues about this.

Similar experience. 

I was traveling though a polar area (l8), head on a swivel, and suddenly started taking very rapid damage numbers from the lower rear of my hull. I did not see anything within render distance. 

My only guess is that it was invisible whale. I was lucky enough not to get stuck and was able to sail out of range fairly quickly.