Sign in to follow this  
Rickyh24

Did this game just fry my HD?

I was finally able to log into a free port.  Ran around for 10 minutes game froze.  Hard reboot my pc and now the HD it was on just vanished.  What is going on?  

Edited by Rickyh24

that's a pc problem not a game problem. never hard reboot unless absolutely necessary and even then let it go through all diags when you start it back up. i'd restart it again. If you dont know computers well. i wouldn't dig to much into it. Get someone else to look at it.

2 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

that's a pc problem not a game problem. never hard reboot unless absolutely necessary and even then let it go through all diags when you start it back up. i'd restart it again. If you dont know computers well. i wouldn't dig to much into it. Get someone else to look at it.

I didn’t really have much choice.  Game totally locked up my system.  Was definitely caused by this game   I’m sure of that  

I literally just had this HD installed. Unreal.  

Edited by Rickyh24

7 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

2 restarts brought the drive  back. It appears that I need to reinstall all my windows 10 games (gears 4, state of decay) but this game starts fine.  I don’t get it.  

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

2 restarts brought the drive  back. It appears that I need to reinstall all my windows 10 games (gears 4, state of decay) but this game starts fine.  I don’t get it.  

If you literally just had the HD installed, it could have been defective on arrival and didn't produce errors until it got some use. run a drive check- if it finds bad sectors or errors, just RMA it.

Software isn't responsible for the data swapping conditions of your system.

• Like 1

Things happen,  likelyhood of something in game code causing it, nil....

Reality is there's a horde of components that make up the parts of a PC, the more complex is something is, the greater opportunity for failure.
    Get bored, research the odds of getting a mac address conflict...  my 2nd contract, we're installing NIC's in a bunch of pc's and 'bam'.

Likely there's a bad spot/sector, tried to write to that spot and tripped up...     In that situation, you're better to try from a cold boot not a restart.

Everything seems fine now.  The other games are working without a reinstall also.  Like the HD just rebooted itself or something.  I’ll keep an eye on it and run a test tomorrow.  Thanks guys.