Sign in to follow this  
Andro Bourne

Most retarded ass claim system ever.

I'd like to know what dumbass dev thought it was a genius idea to let one person claim and whole island to themselves? (unlimited claiming flags, smart)...

There had been 4 islands so far owned by one company and one man playing solo... now we have to jump onto the island, spend in hour sitting there to claim a small piece for our self then do it all over again to expand.

Fix this shit. Its simple. Make it so one person can only claim one flag period. The larger your company, the more land you can claim. done and done. You may have to increase the current flag size as it is a little to small. But do those two things and fix the god damn problem now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Back when Ark was new i wanted to start playing it... UNTIL i walked around and couldn't claim anywhere because some asshat had built a piece of wood there or something. Was stupid.

Just now, Gabacon said:

Back when Ark was new i wanted to start playing it... UNTIL i walked around and couldn't claim anywhere because some asshat had built a piece of wood there or something. Was stupid.

Yes it really was and in end game it was a strat to build pillars everywhere around your base to increase its land claim area. Its still a thing.

There are tons of simple solutions to this dumb problem.

They learned absolutely nothing from ark.  Changed their company  name and making  the  same mistakes over again.  

• Thanks 1

Basically 3 days after the launch the whole damn map is claimed, it is practically impossible for someone new to level up and do something. The complaint system is simply disgusting. For this we could have left it as an ark, we would all win

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes please Limit Maximum flags per Player my Crew and i sailed around for 8 hours on our raft yesterday trying to just find a small place to build a real ship but people claim 3 islands for 2 people etc. We just gave up now not even bothering to play atm cause there's no way to progress in this game for us right now 

Edited by MrWombatt
  • Like 1

Claims shouldn't be limted.

If in real life you found an Island,you claim it all to you.you dont tell people come share.its his cause he worked his ass to get there before you did, he was there first and kudos to him.

Im unsure if people claiming an island makes it not possible for other s to build there,if so that should be fixed asap.

If a claimer took whole island,and you come and build there,its ok,I pay rent for a flat,I dont take the flat from owner,saying he should share, just means you have a landlord.

They will pay tax for the person who was there first,and thats total logical.

If that person likes you and you make friend he might give you an area,or lease or whatever,just like in RL.

I agree that like in ARK its a system that screws people who are slacking, lazy or just came late and it should be worked on,but if theres no other solution at the moment, you just have to live with it ,and adjust like I did when I first started playing ARK 2 years after it was released and official servers were full as f with everywhere planted Pillars.

I did manage,and got big ass base in the end,thanks to patience and perseverance.

Edited by darcek
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That you came to an Island and its all claimed is not the problem here.

As it stands at the moment you can just steal the claim, take over that person base takes all he has,he will do the same to you,etc etc..

Theres just no reason to claim anything and claims have zero meaning at this moment.

Claims should be like I said:a property people earned,and not taken unless given or some decay occur,it gives the owner some revnue,maybe a payment of resources,from people useing his land.

Its still early release,hopefully they will find a better solution,like ARK had,where yes,it wasnt easy for new people,but if you did manage to claim anything,it was yours if you took care of it.

yeah i just got off this is lame lol i sailed around for 6 hours every single land was claimed an too top it off ended up getting too close too a claimed region so cant even spawn on my boat bed now cool fun awesome 🙄

@darcek You can only build inside your own claim.  An enemy claim prevents you from claiming land, you need to contest it which means standing there for literally an hour and 40 minutes, best case, if nobody from the claimer's side shows up.  If they do, the timer rapidly resets, so you essentially have to find and destroy every single bed they have on the island because they can simply sprint into the claim naked and rapidly reset your progress.  Right now, a single person can (and in many cases has) claim an entire island this way and prevent anyone else from building on it, and there are only maybe 4-500 claimable islands, so they're all claimed already.  A big island could have 50 claims on it, and you'd need to do this to each one.  

Making things worse, there's a bug where anyone not in the attacking clan counts as a defender, so any random raft Bob can pop in and reset your progress, too.

Edited by Revenant
  • Like 1

@Revenant  Read what I wrote dude,before just lashing out:

claiming an island makes it not possible for other s to build there,if so that should be fixed asap.

Edited by darcek

41 minutes ago, darcek said:

@Revenant  Read what I wrote dude,before just lashing out:

claiming an island makes it not possible for other s to build there,if so that should be fixed asap.

He wasn't lashing out. he was telling you the facts. Something you should look into before making a large ass post about something you dont know anything about.

The game is broken and there is no point in sailing out of a lawless area if you can't claim anything for yourself. The system is broken and needs to be fixed. Plain and simple.

1 hour ago, Andro Bourne said:

He wasn't lashing out. he was telling you the facts. Something you should look into before making a large ass post about something you dont know anything about.

The game is broken and there is no point in sailing out of a lawless area if you can't claim anything for yourself. The system is broken and needs to be fixed. Plain and simple.

I don't think you understand the game concept. 

You cant just claim a whole island with 3 people. 

This game is made for a big group. Like a company with 20 dudes, you can accomplish something.

But sailing out with like 3 people and think you can be safe and build a base? No that would never work indeed.

Join a bigger company or get hunted. that is a fact.

Is that broken? that is debatable.

Edited by warhealer

Agree...... I just passed an idland and it was all 1 persons flags. counted 37 of them before I decided to just go back top my ship.

1 minute ago, warhealer said:

You can just claim a whole island with 3 people. 

And thats the issue. It should not be that way. If they decided to keep it that way, the time to declaim needs to be DRASTICALLY reduced.... 1 hour and 40 minutes to remove 1 flag is absurd.

3 minutes ago, Bigman1182 said:

Agree...... I just passed an idland and it was all 1 persons flags. counted 37 of them before I decided to just go back top my ship.

And thats the issue. It should not be that way. If they decided to keep it that way, the time to declaim needs to be DRASTICALLY reduced.... 1 hour and 40 minutes to remove 1 flag is absurd.

I understand your point.

But still, that is debatable. Is this game designed or intended for bigger groups? We don't know that..

For example, on eve the claiming system is very similair and that game is designed for bigger groups and it works very well that claiming system.

How would you feel if you have a big base with like 4 ships, and a small group of 3 people steal everything in one night?

I bet you go on the forums and complain that the claiming system needs 4 hours each flag instead.

2 minutes ago, warhealer said:

How would you feel if you have a big base with like 4 ships, and a small group of 3 people steal everything in one night?

I bet you go on the forums and complain that the claiming system needs 4 hours each flag instead.

This game will die within a month if its not changed. I have sailed tonight from k12 all the way to D5, and have not seen 1 island that has a claimable spot yet. I have more that 10% of the atlases discovered. Its aburd that EVERYTHING is taken.

6 minutes ago, Bigman1182 said:

This game will die within a month if its not changed. I have sailed tonight from k12 all the way to D5, and have not seen 1 island that has a claimable spot yet. I have more that 10% of the atlases discovered. Its aburd that EVERYTHING is taken.

I'm sure if this isn't intended that they will fix it. But currently, they are still busy with more important bugs.

And just a lot of people will quit, most people don't understand what early access is and they don't read before they buy.

People like to jump on the hype train before they know what they are getting into.

I had the same issue as well until i joined a bigger company inside an alliance.

Now I'm settled and having fun.

I knew it was early access, I knew there would be a lot of bugs and mechanics that aren't working as intended. 

But you can also view it from another point. Maybe this game is intended for big groups and you're doing it wrong by going with a small group or alone?

as well, instead of saying this is absurd and needs to be fixed.

Edited by warhealer
  • Like 1

I mean, that's a big part of the issue.  As it stands, a 3-man (or even one man) group can claim an entire island and make it an ungodly pain in the ass for even a 20 man group to take it over.  

Just now, Revenant said:

I mean, that's a big part of the issue.  As it stands, a 3-man (or even one man) group can claim an entire island and make it an ungodly pain in the ass for even a 20 man group to take it over.  

Yep. Seeing as how it takes 1 hour and 40 minutes to claim ONE flag.... Not to mention, all it takes is ONE PERSON to even step 1 foot into the claim zone, then guess what? It resets the time back to 1:40:00. It doesnt even have to be the flag owner, it can be some random thats not in your company that steps foot in it. And guess what? If there is a company person logged out in the radius of the flags, You cant even contest it.

• Thanks 1

haha pretty simple here, the vocal 1% who got an Island will disagree whereas the main player base who were 'slightly' late and are trying to find a small claim anywhere will not.

Hopefully Devs can see that allowing people to have a chance to get land is better for everyone and not just the minority.

Like some people haven't even looked at the game yet because of christmas and with one server the fun of the game has pretty much been taken away thanks to the claim system and fast progression.

Like I am shocked people have cannons and full ships less then 24 hours from launch.... Unless they are planning regular wipes surely this should have taken slightly longer to find at least in XP terms.

I think if they can stop people abusing it that claims should have been limited to one per day. One per person and one per company, however large groups could probably abuse that somehow, but I think one claim per day at least gives people a chance to get some land.

Whether they make lawless islands claimable, make more servers, make the map even bigger... something needs to be done cause right now the truth is this game is only really going to be fully experienced  and enjoyed by those who claimed all the islands immediately and this is not good for gameplay.

I hope for more servers and regualr wipes personally as I am enjoying the game as it is greatly.

• Like 1

We did contest a claim actually. Successfully. The issue was that the two people whose Island it was discovered us (group of four) and another group on the island (three) and destroyed us before we could get weapons up. They had full armour and guns against spears and bow and unfortunately were able to destroy our beds outside and then climb into base as we hadn't quite finished roof yet when they attacked.

Since then we have found nothing. Going to try game again and just see if a sloop from a lawless region is an option and whether we can get metal for guns then try to invade an island.

7 hours ago, warhealer said:

You cant just claim a whole island with 3 people. 

This game is made for a big group. Like a company with 20 dudes, you can accomplish something.

But sailing out with like 3 people and think you can be safe and build a base? No that would never work indeed.

Join a bigger company or get hunted. that is a fact.

Is that broken? that is debatable.

You dont seem to understand the point... the problem is currently ONE MAN can claim a whole island to himself... So you build a ship, have to farm resources on a starter island for spears and bow, sail for hours just to find an island you can contest. Then spend an hour contesting ONE FLAG AT A TIME... which means it could easily take 4 hours to contest enough flags to give you a decent amount of space to build on... Just no, the system is fucking af.

If you implement it the way I said. The larger your company side, the larger area of land you can claim, however, still limiting how many can be claimed in such a short amount of time. It makes sense.

It shouldn't be unlimited or limited by a timer. That just means over a short amount of time one and will take over a whole island again... that isnt a fix.

Edited by Andro Bourne

4 hours ago, teknotel said:

We did contest a claim actually. Successfully. The issue was that the two people whose Island it was discovered us (group of four) and another group on the island (three) and destroyed us before we could get weapons up. They had full armour and guns against spears and bow and unfortunately were able to destroy our beds outside and then climb into base as we hadn't quite finished roof yet when they attacked.

Since then we have found nothing. Going to try game again and just see if a sloop from a lawless region is an option and whether we can get metal for guns then try to invade an island.

Yep, those already built up and in a claimed area have a large advantage over those that do not have land yet. Even with a decent size group it can be very hard to counter claim even the smallest peice of land. Especially if you have to respawn on your ship while they can respawn on land that is protected by stone structures...

And it is way to easy just to get on someone's ship and destroy the bed. Way harder to raid a stone structure...

Edited by Andro Bourne

Listen, anyone defending the current way land claiming works is just being ignorant.  Solo players/small companies will make up the majority of this game's playerbase, that is a fact.  It is true in ARK, it is true in most games, and it will be true in this game.  ARK official servers lost a TON of players due to the fact that there was nowhere left to build or play, and if this system continues to exist in its current fashion, it will LITERALLY be the same problem all over again in a different form.  There is absolutely NO reason 1 person, or even 3-5 people, should be able to claim an ENTIRE QUADRANT to themselves.  Not only is there no way they will ever need that much land claimed, nor will they use it, but it is entirely unfair to the rest of the playerbase, ESPECIALLY considering a good 90% of that playerbase has been STUCK and unable to progress due to countless gamebreaking bugs.  The fact that the entire gameworld is already almost claimed up completely, mostly by solo players and small companies, IS A PROBLEM.  Once there's nowhere else left to claim, people will give up on this game.

• Thanks 1