Padre Kayn

Animals killed from literally nothing.

Yesterday we went on another server trying to tame some animals missing in our current island, we came back with 2 rhynos, one ostrich, and some others. We came back to our server, put the animal in our eclosure, built on water but raised on the ground, and today some of them are gone. It has happened before, we didn't close the walls, so an alpha entered and killed all the animals and it was of course noted in the guild log. We had the suspect that someone attracted him there, don't know how because it was pretty much difficult for a random animal to get there but there are proven cheaters on our island, or maybe just some asshole, but ok, it was our fault to not have been careful enough. This time on the log it shows just "was killed!" so we don't know how and why (they had a lot to eat, but they don't just die from starving in one day, and in every case is noted in the log). WTF is happening?

52188004_2047933898620955_6941498136313462784_n.jpg

Your enclosure is built over water? Well I lost a tiger when I was out at sea, I teleported him to the ship from the water and he was nowhere to be seen. I checked on the ship, under the ship and even on top of the sails, nope just vanished. 1 minute later "your tiger was killed"

So my only thought would be it's dropped through the structure into the water and drowned, if it was an animal that killed it then it would say so.

I've lost count at how many animals i've lost over the weeks but i've lost bears, elephants, tigers and cows.

I'm not sure about that tho, because: that happen only when we're offline (magic), there is another layer of floor so they're pretty high, we have other animals still alive, in the same place and almost same spot, plus we lost just the ones we got yesterday?I don't know man, i know about the animals vanished or bugged inside (and below) ships, because they also happened to us, but there are too many coincidences here 😕

...and i honestly think the time of the deaths are a bit suspect too

If they got attacked by a tiger, and died to bleed damage, that also just shows as '...was killed', but doesn't say anything about the tiger doing it.

I think it's the fact that your enclosure is built over water.  I have/had the same style of enclosure built over water with a single ceiling tile level between my animals and the water below.  On 3 separate occasions any time I tamed a Rhino if I put it in the pen then overnight they would dis-appear and I'd be left with that same message stating that they were simply killed.  All my other animals would be fine and in the exact same place that I left them, so it's not like anything got in and attacked them.

Anyways I've heard a theory that Grapeshot may have a figurative "mesh" that is responsible for catching tames and such and then raise them back up to the appropriate surface if they clip.  Supposedly the theory is that if a player or animal glitches below/outside that "mesh" then they are instantly killed and the body deleted, which may be what happened to your animals.  It seems plausible that with the water level raising/falling below the pen and if your tames are not that high over the water level, then maybe the animals got caught being reported as outside that mesh and instantly deleted.

I later built a small enclosure over land maybe only 4-5 enclosures away, and I've thus far managed to keep a rhino alive for a week.

Hello,

we've lost some tames too. Two days ago we have lost a bear 64 against a wolf lvl 8 , don't know how it could happened because they were in a closed pen, all others animals were fine in, only the bear. Later when we were looking at the animals, another wolf came and attack the wall. Animals tamed and in neutral state began to attack the wall too... and loose their stamina. No damage from the wolf, only lost of stamina to death. So we put them in passive and yesterday a lion lvl 12 pop in the pen and pratically kill them all. Only 3 survivors on our 9 animals. Maybe lion was dead by attacking all for too long and loose his stamina too .... Also destroyed the loom which was in the pen too.

Soooooooo actually having tames and keeping them alive is the biggest challenge of this game. Can't put them up on structures cause they fall down and get stuck in fundations, two walls don't stop cobras who pass their heads through, or they just pass the wall ( love glitches... find a cobra in one of our house full close passing through walls in the house to get the monkeys... By chance, get stuck in the smithy just before them ! Can kill him but two hours later, don't know what could happened for my monkeys and my smithy ), in pens predators pop in, and if you don't let them in passive they die by loss of stamina attacking walls...

The only way we have found today is to build pens on cliff, where there is no pop of animals at all.

Good luck with your tames 🙂

2 hours ago, Miss Lilly said:

Hello,

we've lost some tames too. Two days ago we have lost a bear 64 against a wolf lvl 8 , don't know how it could happened because they were in a closed pen, all others animals were fine in, only the bear. Later when we were looking at the animals, another wolf came and attack the wall. Animals tamed and in neutral state began to attack the wall too... and loose their stamina. No damage from the wolf, only lost of stamina to death. So we put them in passive and yesterday a lion lvl 12 pop in the pen and pratically kill them all. Only 3 survivors on our 9 animals. Maybe lion was dead by attacking all for too long and loose his stamina too .... Also destroyed the loom which was in the pen too.

Soooooooo actually having tames and keeping them alive is the biggest challenge of this game. Can't put them up on structures cause they fall down and get stuck in fundations, two walls don't stop cobras who pass their heads through, or they just pass the wall ( love glitches... find a cobra in one of our house full close passing through walls in the house to get the monkeys... By chance, get stuck in the smithy just before them ! Can kill him but two hours later, don't know what could happened for my monkeys and my smithy ), in pens predators pop in, and if you don't let them in passive they die by loss of stamina attacking walls...

The only way we have found today is to build pens on cliff, where there is no pop of animals at all.

Good luck with your tames 🙂

I've had loads killed also, mainly by cobras. Cows, Bears and Elephants all been killed when we had a pen on the ground level.

What i've done is build a square structure up high in the air, put a ramp going all way down to ground and put big gate at bottom.

Underneath I also have same size square enclosed with 2 tigers on guard incase any drop through on to the lower level, i've had 1 bear drop through 2 times but it survived because the tigers are ready to attack if anything gets through the walls.

I've lost no animals so far by doing this, I have elephants, cows, tigers, bulls, giraffe all living up there with no problems. People have said building over water helps also but i've also heard some say they can drop through into the water and they drown, so be careful. I have no problems with my high structure but I hope you find the best solution for you, it's not nice to lose tames after all the hard work.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:05 PM, DannyUK said:

Your enclosure is built over water? Well I lost a tiger when I was out at sea, I teleported him to the ship from the water and he was nowhere to be seen. I checked on the ship, under the ship and even on top of the sails, nope just vanished. 1 minute later "your tiger was killed"

So my only thought would be it's dropped through the structure into the water and drowned, if it was an animal that killed it then it would say so.

I've lost count at how many animals i've lost over the weeks but i've lost bears, elephants, tigers and cows.

Happens today with a elephant, transfer to ship is bugged. Nowhere to find. A land pen is also no save it doesn't care if it is a low ground pen our a high pen. The cobra will glitch in. our your agro tame you have to protect the rest for this glitch will die because he hits a wall en runs out of stamina. 

It is that you need them to gather resources else I gave taming up and spend points in another skill. 

It's not ark but you need to tame.... Sound like ark with a lot of water.