Sign in to follow this  
Captain Dingbat

How to place with RGB arrows?

Hiya! I'm rather new to the game and had a question about placing structures.
I can only seem to get things placed to snap points. There are the red, blue and green "handle" arrows on items, but I don't know how to use them. 
Usually in games those are "grab-able" to move the object in 3D space. Am I missing a hotkey to toggle that instead of using the camera to move the item?

Thanks!

atlas-ladder.jpg

Hi Friend,

Welcome to Atlas, sorry my reply is late!

I am not sure what the XYZ Axis arrows are for at this stage, you can only snap to the pre-set snap points you cant drag/reposition, it is a grid based snapping system, you cant even seem to alter the height of the floor/foundation you are looking to place as you can in other games... I am assuming that the XYZ axis arrows are for future iterations of the build (not currently of any use).

• Like 1

The arrows show the center of whatever you are placing. They are useful for stuff that doesn't snap. For instance storage boxes.

You can press Q to select alternate snap points, and I think the arrows might change orientation for some of these alternate snap points, but I'm not that picky and really don't care if a wall snaps in or facing out, so never pay attention.

• Like 1

You don't "use" the RGB arrows. They show you mostly where up and out are.

Press Q to alternate them. It's mostly used to tell you which way the wall is facing (red out = wall out) and which way you use stuff (red out = the direction facing you when you use a ladder/box).