Stabby

How To Tame Any Animal

In ARK we could tame any animal by punching them until unconscious. Once they were out we would put berries in their inventory. A timer would eventually make them our pet. How do you do it in ATLAS? I tried the same approach and nothing.

You need to have unlocked Beastmaster in the skill tree. After unlocking the proper skills you need to create a tannery, and use the tannery to make a Bola.

You then damage the creature you wish to tame until, when aiming a Bola at it, the game tells you it's low enough HP to tame. Throw the bola, and you will then need to feed the animal its desired food.

Some creatures are passive tames, Cows for example only want to be fed "Rushes". This will require you simply put the food in your last item slot and feed the animal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cerberus Persist said:

You need to have unlocked Beastmaster in the skill tree. After unlocking the proper skills you need to create a tannery, and use the tannery to make a Bola.

You then damage the creature you wish to tame until, when aiming a Bola at it, the game tells you it's low enough HP to tame. Throw the bola, and you will then need to feed the animal its desired food.

Some creatures are passive tames, Cows for example only want to be fed "Rushes". This will require you simply put the food in your last item slot and feed the animal.

Do the bola NPCs need to be fed a lot of times? I've only tried with horses, but there is no sugarcane on my island :( 

I saw the bola has a duration of 3 min, but I wonder how the process ends.

Just now, xaring said:

Do the bola NPCs need to be fed a lot of times? I've only tried with horses, but there is no sugarcane on my island 😞

I saw the bola has a duration of 3 min, but I wonder how the process ends.

I've had the same issue, so I do not know. Hopefully someone else has further experience!

I can guess however that due to there being an "affinity" bonus stat, it will require multiple feedings to tame a creature.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cerberus Persist said:

... Cows for example only want to be fed "Rushes". This will require you simply put the food in your last item slot and feed the animal.

easier said than done when there is no Rushes only the rashes i get looking for.

any idea where to get Rushes from ? couldn't find any on our island as of yet. knocked over every tree so far ...

• Like 1

A very happy and blessed day to you all! I too am having issues finding "rushes". it is found on which trees? All trees? Is it on a certain island? Does it require a certain tool to harvest? Just curious. I am playing on a private server and perhaps soon I will stumble upon the answer. God Bless!

L14.JPG

Rushes is thatch. I don't know if any thatch will work but the node line number of 3, 4, and 5 should have them, at least that's where I've found them. As for bola taming, be mindful with it.

Passive Taming:

Simply feed the animal the desired food, so far on my island I've tamed Sheep, Chickens, and Cows

---

Sheep: Camomile

Chickens: Berries

Cows/Bulls: Rushes

Horses: Sugarcane

----

When you are bola taming an animal, you do have to get it to low health and throw the bola at it, but be very careful as it can still attack with it's head. Make sure you either have a pen set up with the animal in it all ready, or you build one around it, because it likely will take multiple bolas to tame something. I don't know how that would affect the effectiveness of the tame cause you'd have to damage it again, I also don't know if the bola can be refreshed before it runs out by throwing another.

• Like 1

Thank you for helping to clear this up. I wish thatch could be placed in hot bar 0 to feed it.

God bless and please have a great day on the seas!

1 hour ago, Churchill_66 said:

Thank you for helping to clear this up. I wish thatch could be placed in hot bar 0 to feed it.

God bless and please have a great day on the seas!

Ya, I tried putting the thatch in hot bar 0, it wouldn't go there, so I don't see how people are taming them.