Sign in to follow this  
zwt2135

How people are tracking you in Atlas

So recently my company came across another company that we raided far far away from our lands. This company then almost immediately counter raided us with no knowledge of where we lived. Before you ask no they didn't use any skill like hiding on our ship or trailing us back or asking around where we live. They openly admitted to using battlemetrics. What is battlemetrics you ask well its a website that can track your movements in Atlas and many other games. You can even pay for a premium account which allows you advanced player tracking. This allows them to put alerts on you and when you move to another zone they get instant updates.

Now I personally think this is super scummy and borderline cheating but apparently it is allowed at the moment. That being said I understand using every advantage to accomplish the mission but this is something that I think is complete trash and will ruin the game. I have spent hours tracking down my opponents the legit way.

So after this happened I tried to find any posts on how to block battlemetrics and really cam up empty handed. So I researched how the website works and found a successful way of blocking the tracking software and wanted to share it with others who might have suffered the same issues.

The way battlementrics works is that it tracks you based off of your steam name. No it does not track your steam ID unless you are on what is called an Rcon server which official is not. So how do we fix this issues?

1) Change your steam name to 123 (The more people that do this the more 123 profiles show up to confuse the person looking for you.)

2) Clear your past aliases in steam do this by clicking the arrow next to previous aliases and click clear all under view profile. (This makes it so they cant see who you used to be.)

3) Change your profile to completely private under the privacy tab (This makes every 123 steam profile uniform so again harder to pin point which 123 you are.)

4) Change your steam avatar to the ? photo that is default with steam. (This makes it so they cant see you under the player list and recognize you by your avatar.)

If you follow these steps battlemetrics can never find you and you will have once again become invisible unless the players tracking you actually want to track you the legit way.

https://atlas.hgn.hu/grid/na/pvp

, u raid them they then track you as u progress from their grid to where whereever , 123 in g4 , 123 moves to g5 easy to follow along the grids , they give chase ,

Edited by UDO

I have my doubts that people would spend the time tracking one another. This sounds like a rumor thats gotten out of hand. It's not a thing to worry about.

battle metrics was one of the worst things ever. it really hurt ark and is another factor of the many reasons ark is dying 

17 minutes ago, Nerva666 said:

battle metrics was one of the worst things ever. it really hurt ark and is another factor of the many reasons ark is dying 

Battle metrics is exaggerated its not really that effective. This whole issue is overblown the game isn't dieing because of some website.

I've yet to see any evidence of this being a problem. There are just a few disgruntled folks on this forum who are looking to find something to blame for why they keep losing.